I am prospecting a few existing day care businesses and would like to know the thoughts and experiences of those who own day cares in Vancouver and rest of Canada. I'll be honest, I don't know much about this industry, except that it's growing, and is a high demand sector for years to come, particularly in my city. I have many questions to ask, and if some of these can be answered, that would be very much appreciate it. So, here goes:

If I do wish to take part in this venture, I will be solely an absentee owner. Is that possible in this industry?

What is the difference between a preschool and a day care? Besides the difference in operation, does one's service cost more than the other?

In Vancouver, there is a restriction on class sizes of 20 pre-school children, how can I increase capacity to meet future demand? (I suppose this is a question for those who run day cares in Vancouver)

What are the goods and bads of being a child care operator?

What is your personal outlook of the current and future of this industry? Do you foresee a demand in growth or decline in enrollment?

Thank you!