Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    I plan to give out a daily report. I'm thinking of getting a small soft binder per child for all the forms but I haven't decided yet. I always gave out daily reports when I worked in lare centres and as a parent I would want one. Info on how child ate and behaviour that day can be very worthwhile come supper time and bedtime for the parents. It's a lot of paper to use up but to me it's worth it. However, it is certainly an individual decision.

Expansive...
    When I was a parent with children in daycare....I received a daily sheet from one provider and later a communication journal from the second provider. I liked and appreciated both. I would read and recycle the daily sheets. I have actually kept the daycare journal from the second provider as a keepsake.

Now that I do care - I sometimes wonder if parents do appreciate the sheets or not or even read them. I put a bit about the day and notes etc. Sometimes I put something there about pymnt or closures just to see if they are reading them and so far so good. lol

Parents have also said how they enjoy the newsletters because they get to see the pics of the daycare and it helps them picture their child in daycare and what our days are like.

I did put a recycle sign on each paper so that parents hopefully get the hint to recycle the sheets they get

I know my parents read my daily logs, as they make comments on them! I email the parents photos and videos that I've taken of their children. They get to view what their children have been up to that day/week!

That's my plan too Play and Learn! I'm going to create a yahoo website with passwords for the parents to access photos of the children. So excited!

I still give out a form letter that I can easily circle with what toys they played with, the child's mood, nap time, how many diapers they used (# of poops and pee diapers), what we did that day, stories, songs and any other information that I may forget to tell the parents (such as needing diapers, wipes, suncreeens, etc.) I use this with children till they are about 3 yr old, by then they can tell the parents what we did. This helps the parents with babies, as they feel that they are a part of the child's day. The form takes about 3 minutes to fill out. I found that it works for me.