Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I just hated the amount of time spent on just the one child at the expense of the others. When you figured the time from diaper change to dressing to bus stop and back twice a day it was over an hour of wasted time in the sense that stuffed into a wagon in the rain or not moving around in -35 weather is not good. Also doing it for 5 plus is different than just a couple too based on length of time. When we go outside I want the kids to be able to actually play. Also city buses come earlier so we would need to be at the bus stop for 3:15 and mine nap till then. When my own kids were little I did it cause I had to now I leave it up to other parents with school age kids and I focus on the needs of toddlers. Many of the kids I have gotten into care have come because I don't have to do school runs. I just do not feel safe on the side of a barely or not even plowed road with a wagon of toddlers. Too much responsibility. No room to get the kids off the road either as neighbours don't like their yards becoming playgrounds and who can blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    I just hated the amount of time spent on just the one child at the expense of the others.

I agree. I have done it and will never again.

Shy
    I have a mixed group. My group will change in the summer and then again in September. Right now I have :

FT: 3 year old, 16 month old.
    PT: 4 & 5 year old (every other day), a 14 month old (she cries a lot) she is here 2 days a week, and another one who is 16 months and is here 1 day.

I also have one boy for afterschool who is 10 and is here maybe 10-12 afterschool shifts a month.

I don't have to go to a bus stop or anything for anyone.

Shy
    Seems as though I have one of the smaller groups. My own two monkeys, a daughter 3.5 years old and my son who turned 2 at the end of December. I also have another 3.5 year old little girl (who is leaving the end of June - she'll be starting an all day kindergarten program and I will be looking to fill her spot) and a little guy who just turned 2 at the end of March. They both come full time from about 8am until 4:40pm Monday to Friday. All in all a pretty good group on most days I have said from the beginning that I will never have more than 4 kids in my care at one time. 4 just seems to be my comfort level for now.

Outgoing
    I have 5 children in care right now. The ages range from 14 months - 4 years. I love my group of kids, they are very well behaved and any age under 5 is fun I think. My kids all play together to learn tolerance of each other and different aged children. I don't keep anyone seperated.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Starting to feel at home...
    Yep, I bundle everyone up and go up to the school every day, but I'd have to no matter what as both my own kids are in JK and SK. I do hate it though, the winter runs, especially since our school starts so early (7:55am). If its gonna be a cold day, its even colder walking at 7:30am!! Also, b/c school is so early, it ends early 2:30 so I have to have early everything in order to get naps started by 12 noon and kids up by just before 2 when we have to leave to walk up to the school. Anyhow, it will get easier as the kids get older right? LOL! I still have an awsome group!

Euphoric !
    YHou are where I was when my kids were little. When your own kids are in school and able to go on their own will you still be willing to take into care a child needing you to do the school runs or will you be saying sorry I did my time when my own kids were little and now that they go on their own I want to get back to my own routine. It doesn't really get much easier because there is such a turnover in daycare that you will always have pretty much the same age mix of kids just different ones needing school.

I have 5 little people a little guy just turning 3 next week, the next is my only full time girl she will be 2 in July then i have 3 1 year old boys all withing a month or 2 of each other. I have a 1 year old girl that comes Fridays only and one of my 1 year old boys only comes Mon-Thurs so it works.In this group there is also 2 school aged sibblings generally 1 before school and 1 after.I hired my friend a stay at home mom that lives close to me as a school walker as going to school is hard as all the babies arrive between 650am-9am .My neighbor sometimes picks up after school if my babies are still asleep and in return her daughter comes to play with us.BUT I just bought my 6 seat runabout stroller and it arrived today so i can't wait to get out and do my own school pu most of the time the kids are up by then and some fresh air will do us all good after a nice nap

Quote Originally Posted by busybee View Post
    I have 5 little people a little guy just turning 3 next week, the next is my only full time girl she will be 2 in July then i have 3 1 year old boys all withing a month or 2 of each other. I have a 1 year old girl that comes Fridays only and one of my 1 year old boys only comes Mon-Thurs so it works.In this group there is also 2 school aged sibblings generally 1 before school and 1 after.I hired my friend a stay at home mom that lives close to me as a school walker as going to school is hard as all the babies arrive between 650am-9am .My neighbor sometimes picks up after school if my babies are still asleep and in return her daughter comes to play with us.BUT I just bought my 6 seat runabout stroller and it arrived today so i can't wait to get out and do my own school pu most of the time the kids are up by then and some fresh air will do us all good after a nice nap
    Hmm I can't count lol with my Friday girl it is 6 little people and 2 school age for a total of 8 but not al are here on the same day