Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    If you are not required to give notice during the trial period, I am not sure that I would give notice on Monday. I would wait until pick-up on Friday and I say this as a parent because I would nto want my child to be with someone who knows he is being taken out on the Friday. If she is unwilling to work with you and you feel it isn't going to work, then I would wait until the end of the week that you need care. i am paranoid as a parent...that's why i opened my own daycare I guess...I just would worry that things might get even worse for my child.

Shy
    I arrived at daycare and his pull up was soaked as were his pants....she had no explination for this I pulled him out of there and left...... and I am not going back EVER..and the last thing she said...you still owe me money for April....

not sory nothing she was just wooeied about her money

Expansive...
    Yuck. Momto Mom, I'm glad you've found a wonderful new fit for your little man!!! Please update us on how he transitions to his new caregiver.

Euphoric !
    Glad that you have found someone that will better meet the needs of your son and what a bonus to have him settled into care and then be able to stay for school.

Shy
    Sorry guys I was very emotional when typing

Euphoric !
    I hope for you and your son that your next caregiver is exactly what you are looking for. No parent should have to be so concerned about their child, in a scenario where he/she is supposed to be safe, cared for and stimulated.
    To get back to the original question/point (I am, once again, late in replying it seems!); I think what it comes down to is whether or not you as a parent and the other woman as a caregiver are BOTH willing to determine what the issues are and improve them.
    If a caregiver is dismissive, vague and downright rude- I don't see how they can expect anything but anger and mistrust from the parents.
    At the same time, many parents see their children through somewhat rosy colored glasses (my own kids included, lol!). It can be a tough pill to swallow if someone is saying "Listen; we are having some issues with so-and-so's behaviour. This is what's going on."
    If I am having difficulties with a child, then the parents hear EXACTLY what is going on, why I am not okay with it, and what I need to see happen.
    If a child had peed his pants and then was AGRESSIVELY refusing to change, or what have you, I may choose to leave them in that state. He's 3, not a baby. I presume that at this stage, he knows at least somewhat how to dress himself. If he fights my assistance, I am also not going to rassle him to the floor. However, that would be explained in detail!! I may even have texted them, etc to apprise them of what was going on.
    Ultimately, I am glad you are changing caregivers. It does not sound like a good fit.
    Best of luck!!!!

Shy

Update. "Not sure what to think."

So as I said to some of you, I arrived to get him on Thursday, and his pants were soaked through again....And as I said I pulled him out right away no questions. All the provider was worried about was money owed. No" sorry" no "that's not true." No "I want to work with you" ...nothing.

My husband came home for the weekend, as he had a break from his business training. As I was very upset I was in no shape to deal with this, and my husband is better at dealing with confrontation and hard things than I am.

He called her saying...

"You've been changing ________ every day right? She stated she was. And you've been using his pull ups correct? His wipes too? I heard her say that was correct. (I was on the extension)

My husband....

"Well that's interesting, his wipes have not been opened, nor have his pull ups, and none of his underwear has been touched eithier. (We are working very hard to get him to use big boy underwear)

She says.....

"Uh uhh mmm "we were using ____'s. He grew out of them so we figured we'd let _______ have them.

What a line.

I have reported her to Child Protection Services, as after questioning my son he told me he did not have morning or afternoon snack as her handbook states and only ever had "swoop" (soup) for lunch. He also stated that she yells a lot.

I have also reported her to early learning as even though she is private, she is still required to obide by the numbers set out by the branch in my province and I know she is over as I have counted at pick up. (in my head) I also know which kids are hers.

If you are providing good care in your home let me make this clear--I would never report any of you..I am not like that..but in this case hell yes. Especially when she outright calls me a liar to my husband's face.

She wants to take me to court for the money, because at this point I am feeling that payment is not owed as I withdrew him due to negligence...(I paid for March she says I owe for April)

Let her I have the rec. for the pull ups, that I bought the day before he started. (I won't open them) I have photos of his wet pants.....I also have messages saying that I do not need to see my contract because I should know what I signed.

Again let me say..I would never screw anybody of money, but in this instance--fight I dare you.

If a court tells me I owe I will pay this winner. I so wish I could warn people about her.
    Last edited by parentof1; 03-17-2012 at 07:33 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parentof1 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Personally, I am very proud of you and want to thank you for reporting this woman. If all of the people who were over their numbers which is breaking the law and giving poor care to these precious children and scamming the parents I think it would be a wonderful thing. The children are the ones who will be scarred for life. I know because that's one thing that happened to my oldest daughter and I was too young and too naive to know what was going on until after the fact. This was back in the day of 'babysitters' only and that's why I get really ticked if I get called that B word!

Starting to feel at home... little rascals's Avatar
    I am so glad you pulled him out of there and went ahead and reported her! As momof4 said it does scar the children. I hope they deal with her the proper way and that you win this case if it ends up going that far. She does not deserve any of the money you have already paid nevermind aprils payment too. This story really bothers me and sorry you had to experience this. At least the worst part is done and he is out of that horrible enviroment.

Outgoing
    That is such a horrible thing that your son went through and it's people like THAT that give the rest of us a bad name. You should of marked his pull-up that he was wearing (sorry, couldn't remember if he was wearing any or just underwear) that way you would know for sure if he had been changed, although from the conversation, it doesn't sound like he was. I'm glad you reported her!
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/