Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Shy
    I did mark it that's how I know... I marked it on thursday morning, I thought you were all going to give me heck cause I refused to pay her or something, would you?

Expansive...
    You did the right thing. I'm so very sorry that this is something you have had to deal with. My cousins were in a tough situation once too and it makes me sick to have learned that my one year old cousin was never changed or taken out of his stroller and that their provider was so negligent that other children were able to lock his sister in a closet for hours before her mother found her at pick-up time.

Don't let this discourage you from home care as it can be one of the most wonderful experiences for children with the right caregiver. We are out there. This forum alone is proof.

A good caregiver will tell you EVERYTHING, show love to your child, and your little one will come home brimming with excitement. Wish you were in my area so I could offer temporary care while you found a good permanent placement for your munchkin.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by parentof1 View Post
    I did mark it that's how I know... I marked it on thursday morning, I thought you were all going to give me heck cause I refused to pay her or something, would you?
    I wouldn't pay her either.
    You're a smart Mom (marking the diaper) Way to go!

Just so you know. You CAN warn people about her. It's not slander if it's the truth or YOUR truth. Just thought I'd mention it.
    Last edited by Cadillac; 03-17-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Euphoric !
    Good for reporting her. You pulled him out with there still two weeks in March and those two weeks were paid up so it is pay in lieu of written notice. Not sure how much notice was required in your contract but there are certainly extenuating circumstances. By the time she is inspected she won't have the heart to take it to small claims court because she will either be closing her doors or spending all of her time making changes to her daycare to comply with the rules.

Something you might want to do is ask you new caregiver to write down any comment your son makes about his old daycare in the sense of it would just be the random thoughts of a 3 year old but put togehter with what is found might shed some light on what was going on there. She is also an outsider and not him telling you what he things you want to hear. Such at snack time if she just randomly asks him so XXXX what did you used to have for snack at your old caregiver's.

I agree I would have pulled him as well - I certainly would not be paying for APRIL when there is visible proof that you have grounds for termination without notice.

As a business women while I have never had to deal with a client terminating because they felt my service was inadequate or their child was not adjusting or safe but I would like to think that if I ever had a client who was SO unhappy in my service and felt they were terminating with 'cause' and without notice ....I would be refunding them their security deposit in lieu of notice or if I had not taken a 'security deposit' to protect myself I would not be taking them to court to try to GET notice money from them ... seriously at my core I am a WOMEN and my maternal instincts tell me that no mother should be forced to leave their child in a situation they do not feel is ideal just because of $$$$$ and not being able to afford to pay a notice period to me while putting a new deposit down somewhere else!

Notice period and security deposits are in place to protect the provider from those clients who just pull for NO REASON to give the provider time to fill their space or prepare for the change in income that comes with someone pulling or clients who regularly bounce cheques for service and bolt without wanting to pay ... if you have two weeks up front you are always in a 'credit' for service so to speak to protect from clients like this.

Now if I strongly felt I had done nothing WRONG and the client was just full of unrealistic expectations ... like being pissed cause Little Johnny got finger paint on his designer overalls and rather than making more laundry for mama I just sponge treated it and left him in those pants cause they were still 'dry' or not having read the contract 'clearly' and throwing a fit cause they did not realize they had to pay me for Stat holidays or something cause THAT I would not be accepting as 'cause' ... but if a child was truly unhappy and not thriving I would not want to make that worse for the client.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    As a provider, I am GLAD that you have reported her. As other posters (and fellow moms!) have said, these are not trivial issues. Had you been witholding payment over things that Reggio mentioned, we would probably be on the side of the child care provider. But it is her duty and responsibility not only as a provider, but as a decent human being, to care for your son properly.
    I hope she has to shut her doors. Somehow, I highly doubt she will end up actually suing you. That takes effort, and all signs here point to LAZY.
    Again, I wish you good luck finding a better situation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    For me I can't comment fully as there is two sides to every story BUT based on what you are saying & coming from a Mom who had a child previously in care I would have to agree that pulling the child from care was the best decision.

The money issue: why would you pay for an entire month of care if they have been pulled from care.

Good luck and I wish you all the best for your little one!

Euphoric !
    I'm glad you pulled your child from a situation that did not seem good. We always have to do what we feel is best for our kids and it seems that you have done that. I hope your son will thrive in his new daycare and all of this will be in the past soon.

Expansive...
    So glad that you've pulled him, that's disgusting about the diaper, YUCK! I agree, that you do not owe for April, that's a load of crock and I'd bet a million bucks that she won't dare take you to court anyways. I'm so sorry you had to go through this! Where are you from? If you're from London, ON please message me with her name so I can warn my friends if they are looking for care in the future!

Shy

Update #2 "Not sure what to think."

So it's been five days.... My son is at his new dayhome and his provider has nothing but good things to say, and says that my boy is a wonderful addition to her group as he seems to want to be "big brother." to some of the younger ones. Shares very well, loves her teen daughters and her husband....

She even went as far to say that she thinks that his previous daycare was trumping any training progress with the toliet as he has been in underwear all week with one pee accident, and some poop accidents, instead of the solied pull ups he was coming home in, which is a relief for me. (pooping is a bit more of a job but we are all working very hard. )

She says it will come as he loves getting jelly belly's for his washroom efforts...(He gets them at home too) She only uses pull ups if they are in the car, or on the bus so it means that they are going through them a lot slower too.

Our previous provider is calling us multiple times daily demanding payment --saying that she believes in her dayhome and we are slandering her--she leaves this in vm as I do not answer the phone.... I know that all of you work very hard for your money, and I WOULD NEVER EVER JIP ANYONE UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES.

We have paid upfront for March and she is seeking a 600.00 payment for April even though I withdrew him after 5 days, DUE TO NEGLECT. As previously posted, any advice on how to deal with this hose beast?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast