Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Make sure to save everything and document everything with date, times, and names!!

Good luck with everything!

Expansive...
    Did she ever back off?

My first thought when I read your post is why has he been to so many different places. If you knew your child was "difficult" then he should be put in an a place that can deal with his needs. Most daycare homes have more than one child to watch and care for. If your child needs more than a normal amount of direction it can be frustrating and make the environment for the other children there tense. It is NOT fair to blame the provider for being honest. I do not agree with her language describing your son at all. Tack is needed on her part. Seems to me that you are looking for someone to agree with you. I understand your feelings are hurt by her attitude but it not fair to place a child with his level of difficulty in a daycare home that is not equiped to handle it. If you can handle him keep him with you for his own benefit and self esteem. JMO

@ Christy CrossbonesExcuse me?? I don't know this persons whole story.... but I read her posts...She was being honest. She asked for feedback from a provider, and was not given it. Maybe they've lived in other areas? Maybe she was on Mat. leave and could pay to hold her spot....

Regardless for you to say she is looking for someone to agree with her???

OF COURSE SHE IS!!

That is part of searching for a dayhome. looking for someone who matches your parenting style....

I think you're being awfully judgemental.

Expansive...
    Hi,

I sent your original post a PM but now that I see that he can't be with you based on what I have been reading.

He sounds busy, most boys are busy and need to be stimulated a lot.

He may need a Montisouri environment where the ratios are smaller and where he will be stimualted a lot. Have you tried this avenue?

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristyCrossbones View Post
    My first thought when I read your post is why has he been to so many different places. If you knew your child was "difficult" then he should be put in an a place that can deal with his needs. Most daycare homes have more than one child to watch and care for. If your child needs more than a normal amount of direction it can be frustrating and make the environment for the other children there tense. It is NOT fair to blame the provider for being honest. I do not agree with her language describing your son at all. Tack is needed on her part. Seems to me that you are looking for someone to agree with you. I understand your feelings are hurt by her attitude but it not fair to place a child with his level of difficulty in a daycare home that is not equiped to handle it. If you can handle him keep him with you for his own benefit and self esteem. JMO
    Please read the other psots as she said her first 2 daycares closed that is why she needed to go to a third. Also 3 year olds do want to do EVERYTHING themselves it is frustrating but we need to ENCOURAGE independance and COACH them in how to do things on there own.

It is very frustrating at this stage for the child and if he is not being encouraged than that daycare provider needs to go!

Shy
    Guys I explained I cannot stay home with him, we rent, and being self employed is not an option until we by a home and we cannot afford this right now.

Montessori is too expensive. He is at his now provider and is very happy there, and she is very happy with him.

As for Christy Crossbones or whatever... Ummmmmm...

Wow, I can't believe you "flammed me" like that. I was doing what was best for my son... I wasn't searching for someone to cater to me. If that were the case I'd hire a nanny.

As for my prev. dayhome history I was a subsitute and had a hard time finding places that would take him given my wacky schedule, and I know that this is because dayhomes rely on income...one closed, and the other didn't like my employment situation. And later closed. I can't blame her.

Of course I want someone to agree with me, that is part of finding a dayhome, don't you think? Philosphy needs to match.

First of all I am sorry that you are going through this. I have never posted here but felt compelled after reading what you have experienced. I would go with your gut. As an experienced provider I always give a 2-3 week adjustment period and plenty of leeway to the new child. Also, patience is a must for any provider and this one seems to not have it. I won't even comment on the eye roll...get out and look for another provider. Call local schools and see if they have a list. Be honest if they ask why you are looking...its not a good fit and you have been uncomfortable. Details are not necessary! There are many loving providers out there. Good Luck.

Euphoric !
    Thanks luppernoodle! I'm not an ECE but my name became Mom at age 19 and I certainly have a lot of experience with children, all Common Sense! I think common sense is lacking these days, just my opinion, and I'm trying to bring it back, one family at a time, ha!

I agree that every child is different and unique and they don't all fit into a mold. I also am a stubborn woman and very patient and that's why I like to take babies into care rather than a 2 year old. Because the babies learn my patient stubbornness will win out every day and they are going to learn to be well behaved, patient, well mannered, caring people in my home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9