Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    Check again on the business name issue. That is something that was discussed in one of our newsletters too. If you call your daycare anything other than just your name you need to register the name to legally use it.

Starting to feel at home...
    I don't give out my SIN either. The parent do not need it to claim childcare expenses. Just imagine if our SIN #'s were out there floating around, all it takes is one disgruntled parent and watch out...your life could be ruined.

It's different if they "employ" us, but they do not. We provide them a service.

I to have never provided my sin number.I had only 1 parent to date ask for it and thats fine ,but i give detailed reciepts with each date the child was here and the amount total amount for the day total amount for the week and total amount that receipt if its a biweekly payer.At the bottom of the receipt is my name my business name full adress and telephone number.I don't think your going to get fined unless if a parent requests it do to auditing and you refuse

It is the law in Canada according to Revenue Canada to have our sin number on all tax receipts. Revenue Canada let me know that. I did let them know it is insane for identity theft reasons to have my sin on paperwork going out of my home to individuals. They just said "Unfortunately that's the law".

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by clep View Post
    It is the law in Canada according to Revenue Canada to have our sin number on all tax receipts. Revenue Canada let me know that. I did let them know it is insane for identity theft reasons to have my sin on paperwork going out of my home to individuals. They just said "Unfortunately that's the law".
    When you called Revenue Canada, did they mention the fine? If I remember right it is $1000 per receipt without your SIN?

As I have mentioned previously, there is a easy way to avoid identity theft. Instead of a SIN # we are allowed to apply for a BIN (Business Insurance number) and put that on your receipts instead. I paid, I think, $80 for my BIN # and it is good for 5 years. A small price to safe guard my SIN.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tot-Time View Post
    When you called Revenue Canada, did they mention the fine? If I remember right it is $1000 per receipt without your SIN?

As I have mentioned previously, there is a easy way to avoid identity theft. Instead of a SIN # we are allowed to apply for a BIN (Business Insurance number) and put that on your receipts instead. I paid, I think, $80 for my BIN # and it is good for 5 years. A small price to safe guard my SIN.
    I didn't ask about the repercussions of not having the sin on there, and they didn't offer. I just thanked them for letting me know the boundaries and made sure I complied.

I didn't know about the BIN. I am going to do that. Thanks for the info ladies. That is such a better idea!!!!

Shy
    what should I put in this letter if my ex-provider haven't send one I have called her 3 times already, and she hasen't reply to any of my messages ,I want to send a register letter I just don't know what to put in the letter any suggestions
    thank you

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by yastoh View Post
    what should I put in this letter if my ex-provider haven't send one I have called her 3 times already, and she hasen't reply to any of my messages ,I want to send a register letter I just don't know what to put in the letter any suggestions
    thank you
    Do you mean you don't have any receipts? Do you have cancelled cheques?

Euphoric !
    You could also do it the other direction. Contact Revenue Canada and explain what the lady told you and that now she is totally refusing to give you any receipts at all even though you paid the higher amount and ask what you should do. Likely they will just tell you to put down the lady's name, address, phone number etc - anything you have to contact her and then her taxes will be flagged. As providers that claim all of our income we do get angry when we hear of people cheating the system and not claiming so you would be doing those of us that attempt to operate legitimately a service by having home like her's shut down.

The reality is that if she claims all of her income, and all of her expenses she will likely end up not paying any taxes anyways or only a small amount. She will contribute to Canada Pension but it also means when she gets old she will qualify for a monthy pension check which otherwise she won't.

Ohhh I guess I should give my daycare parents a new reciept of payment ... I only put name,address ,phone number and date of birth on my reciepts...