Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Website?

Expansive...

Website?

Hi Ladies!
    Happy Monday!
    I see that many of you have mentioned having a website and/or blog for your home childcares. I'm not incredibly techy but I would love to get one started to use for advertising and for current families to see what we've been up to.
    Any suggestions for easy to use sites to get me started?
    Thank you!

I do not know any HTML or anything so I chose to go with the www.webs.com .... they have the options of FREE website for starting out and if eventually you want something more you can upgrade to packages where you get your own URL and more space and email address and so forth.

If you can navigate posting an ad on Daycarebear you can navigate creating a website on Webs ... you create an account, choose a domain name, choose a template and 'fill it in' with whatever information and pages you want.... definitely advocate for lots of PHOTOS because a picture is worth a 1000 words and when clients can take a virtual tour of the program and imagine their child having fun in the program it makes getting interviews that much easier!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I also use www.webs.com and I love it. I started out very small and every couple of months I increased it, added pictures and asked my friends for advice to improve it. Now I'm so proud of my website and it practically sells the daycare before people even arrive for the interview. They have a great feeling for my house before they even get here.

Same as Momof4. I use webs.com as well. The website sells my daycare - it's awesome! I just had a phone call today as they were impressed with the daycare just based on photos and basic information.

Good luck to you!

Outgoing
    I use www.weebly.com . It's free and very easy to use.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

jec
    my web site is webs.com ~ never had a problem with it and love it!

Euphoric !
    Yep... webs.com!!