Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Relocating this weekend...

So I'm starting to freak out a little about our moving this weekend...there is just so much to do still to get ready, then I have 1 day to unpack and set up all day home areas of my new home plus I need to find 1 new full time client or 2 part time clients to ensure our financial comfort level since we are moving into a bigger more expensive home. I'm stressing about the kids all adjusting to the new home...and I'm worried because I don't know how many day homes are in the new area so I don't know how hard it will be to find new clients...

Have any of you relocated your day homes to new communities? And if you have did you find it difficult to become established there?

Just wanted to say congratulations on the new home!

I know I am an anal planner ... when we were doing preparations to move to this house it was so I would be able to do home childcare ... so when choosing homes the retailer knew we wanted close to schools and parks and when he would send us potential homes to view I would do quick searches on here to see how many providers by postal code as well as on kijiji and other advertizing venues...ultimately we loved this house despite it being a 'provider rich' area it is also a child rich area ... two schools in walking distance and about 6 within 5 minute drive so I have not had any issues with attracting clientele.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks Reggio, I just checked and I'm the only day home listed for the new community on this site so hopefully I wont have any issues attracting new clientele as well

Euphoric !
    My hubby is military so I have moved my daycare many times - much to chargrin of the moving companies - who else moves 5 high chairs and 4 playpens and enough toys to outfit a store.

Don't feel when you move that you have to be perfect the day you reopen. Parents that have moved their children with you will realize that it will take you a month to get back to some semblance of normal. Unpack the toys gradually and make use of empty 2 cube boxes, laundry baskets etc as you unpack. Use unpacked boxes to make dividers for areas to play and replace with shelves when you can. Go easy on programming as your evenings will be spent unpacking. Rather than wear yourself thin just stick with some familar songs, stories and fingerplays just for the sake of having a group time and don't fret the crafts, outings etc. Again parents are going for the continutiy of their child being with you.

Expansive...
    I got the keys to my house Jan 4th 2012
    Started caring for a child on the 9th
    (who is no longer with me and it was a CRAZY chain of events but mom called me on the Sunday saying how she got my number and if I could start watching her child tomorrow! without meeting me! I agreed *needed the $$ badly* had a contract ready for her as she dropped of her child in my EMPTY house! which she knew. I even had to bring with me that morning toys, playpens, boosters, food, plates etc. and my own child.)
    Moved into the house on the 14th
    .....had everything ready by Feb 4 for a big party.
    Got 2nd dck by Feb 13 and on and on...

I know what you're going to go through..it was a lot of work and it was ALL ME (no thanks to hubby). While kids napped I was painting doors & trims or unpacking and breaking down boxes. I got the play areas done first also so my own daughter had a place to be in while I was doing something else.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Expansive...
    Oh and Congratulations on the house!!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!