Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    I worked outside my home all my life. In my last job in a large corporation I absolutely hated most of the women in my department and was so very happy to find a job that I could do in my home. I basically hate people now after working with life insurance agents for a decade at my secretarial job, then with backstabbing women with a woman boss for another decade. It's terrible how women will walk over other women instead of supporting them, but it happens everywhere in the business world.

But not with us! We are self-employed business women who know the value of the support and advice of our peers who can help us through difficult situations.

That being said, yes, I could definitely be a hermit in the woods without human contact, but I would want internet service! And I would definitely want my children and grandchildren to visit, but nobody else.

jec
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    It's terrible how women will walk over other women instead of supporting them, but it happens everywhere in the business world.

But not with us! We are self-employed business women who know the value of the support and advice of our peers who can help us through difficult situations.
    That is what I found. My old office was full of back stabbing for sales/profits and grown women would have melt downs and fits
    I'll take a toddler melt down (even the little one who I'm dealing with now) over any office melt down any day!! Adults should know better but they still do it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jec For This Useful Post:

paz

Expansive...
    JEC you just said my most used saying!

"I'd rather be with crying kids all day than b!tchy coworkers....the kids don't know any better" (yet) lol
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

This is so TRUE!!! Women co-workers are the worst. I'd rather deal with toddlers all day long as well. Even when you redirect them, take them away from the group, or take a toy away for naughty behaviour...they still love you 5 min later the same cannot be said for above mentioned co-workers LOL!

Expansive...
    I hear you! Thats why I have decided to hire out an assistant for a few hours a week. I'm going to start with 3 hours mid week that way I can do a deep clean up stairs and get it out of the way for the weekends!

Anyone every hire out someone?

Sue

Wow thanks everyone for sharing on this. I don't feel so alone
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Expansive...
    I have to admit, I love the working for myself and not dealing with "corporate rules" that apply to some and not others etc. BUT I'm not a homebody...I like going out!
    My husband does have a physical job and when he gets home he's pretty tired but he's also a tad-lazy I want to go to the park or swim at the rec center, or on weekend to do something like bowling, pool, movies etc.

((sigh)) I hate staying home!!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I started out being completely exhausted at the end of the day too. But I organized myself better and learned how to prepare the food and crafts for the next day quickly and especially to cut down on the crafts every week as I went along so that evenings are not nonstop work.

I have the children help me with cleanup before they leave for the day. I will even run the vacuum in the toyroom quickly as soon as I sit the children all in the next room to start a meal (they are in my line of sight). While the children freeplay in the room I have grabbed my swiffer and done the dusting. However, I always have 2 sinks full of dishes at the end of the day (no dishwasher) and laundry, sweeping, etc. I'm a cleanfreak.

But after the first couple of years as I organized myself I started having the energy for evening activities, so don't beat yourself up if you are new at this. There is definitely a learning curve to our job. Now I'm out several nights a week. However, my children are grown and you still have small children so that will hold you back.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I find if I am active during the day- walking- outside etc I am much more energetic than if I am lazy, so odd.

Expansive...
    I force myself out. I have a date with my mother once a week and go out with a friend one during the weekdays. One the weekend I don't dare let myself stop for fear that I won't get up.

Everyday I'm supposed to go out during the week I regret making plans and come very close to cancelling (a couple of times I have). Guilt forces me out the door and I couldn't be more grateful for it.

I need to get out to be happy. Staying home to work is amazing, but staying home all the time, period, is unhealthy.

You'll get a second wind when summer comes and it'll help you get out and about. Eventually, slowly, and gradually, you will build your endurance (or just get used to being tired).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cadillac For This Useful Post: