Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Personally while I get the desire to 'educate' them as to the WHY cause if gives you vindication and justification and well closure IME it generally leads to a nasty escalated conflict over the termination as the client already feels stressed having been 'terminated' to have all the reasons lined up in writing just adds insult to that injury and makes them want to be defensive back and than this back and forth of you do this and that occurs.

If you are giving notice where you have to SEE these people day in and day out I would keep it short and sweet ... bottom line they are no longer a match for the program and that final decision is YOURS to make you want them to leave as quickly and peacefully from your program as possible .... they are no longer your problem to FIX so do not even try - their role is to reflect on issues that have arisen during your relations and figure out why this happened to them and hopefully learn and be more respectful in the future relationships they have
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Shy
    This is a very helpful topic. Sadly, I am going to have to give out my first termination notice as well. I am just finding this particular family very draining and stressful. (CAS issues, custody issues, etc)

I hope everything goes well for you.

Euphoric !
    I Don't know that I would be "detailing" the reasons either, to be honest. Chances are, since you have said that you tried to fix this previously, they know exactly why you are terminating.
    I would say that you no longer consider this the best care arrangement for their child and effective such and such date, care will cease.
    Good luck!!!!

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me, I gave my termination letter to the parents last week, the child has not been in my care for a whole month, so I gave them a week to find another place. I guess this is my fault, but she still hasnt paid me. Termination was yesterday the last thing she had told me was that her son was sick, so i havent seen them since last wednesday. I sent her an e mail this morning, but i have a feeling i wont get paid. Can i take them to small claims?
    Or does anyone have any Suggestions?

Thanks

Oh Bambini ~ that sucks for sure ... not sure the reason behind your termination but my guess is that trying to go after them 'after the fact' for fees might be challenging and the 'circumstances' behind the termination might depend on if going to small claims court is worth it ... if you terminated over a 'conflict' and the client did not send their child for the notice period you gave them because they were 'concerned' over the reason given them and no service was 'provided' as a result it might be hard to get a judge to choose to make them pay you ... this is why it is always best to get paid in advance of care and to keep a security deposit because than if things go 'bad' the control is YOURS if you want to be just 'done' you can refund their deposit in lieu of notice but the ball is in YOUR court if you want to forgo the income!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by busydaycarelady View Post
    Thanks for all the great help!

Here's what I've come up with:

Dear XXXX and XXXX,

After careful consideration and reflection, it has become evident that XXXXXXXXX Dayhome is no longer a good match for XXXX's needs. Due to XXXX's ongoing behavioral issues, I will no longer be able to provide childcare for her effective XXXX.

I wish XXXX the very best in the future.

Sincerely,

Me

Sound alright?
    I made some changes...I like to keep it short and to the point. I put myself in their shoes, they don't want to know why honestly. They'll will focus on the fact that they have to go....so keep it like that. Good Luck
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Bambini, did you have a deposit? My contract asks for the last week's payment to be made as the initial deposit.