Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pool time

Starting to feel at home...
    I dont do pools, we only use sprinklers and water tables.

@jennipooh... even if it is well fenced off some parents may still be conserned about the pool. I would invest in some keyed locks for all gates to help reasure them.

my child loves to swin. or what you can tell at a 6 years old boy that loves water.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I have recently been conduction interviews to fill a space and I can tell you the pool issue is definitely there. That is now one of the first questions a potential family will ask me!

I don't have a pool in the back yard, but in the summer we may or may not get out a little kiddie pool that you can fill maybe a few inches, but in general we go to the splash pad or use sprinklers.

The situation that occured here in Ottawa was an accident! I don't know the caregivers personally but have heard from the daycare families that once attended the daycare that the caregiver was a kind, caring, and safe caregiver, they had no hesitations with sending their children to her. The problem was, this particular day the parents didn't know she was having a play date with the caregiver with the pool and the caregiver made the mistake of either a) trusting the children ~ meaning the children were told that only children above such an age could go in the pool and the younger children had to use the kiddie pool or b) the caregiver trusted another caregiver to watch that particular pool while he was elsewhere with the younger children.

I personally have no problem taking my daycare children to a home with a pool or taking my children to a pool. I have strict rules that we must follow and have never had a problem. But I won't take the children to a place with a pool now for my daycare families sanity.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Shy
    My parents all love that I put up this pool in the summer but they also know the children are not allowed in my backyard ever without me and I am in the pool with them every single time. I also do not have toddlers and i would never have one of these pools if I did. i have to talk to my insurance agent and if its a no then it will be either given away or sold whichever i can do lol.

Shy
    I had an email session with my insurance agent today and I am good to have my intel pool up this summer. BUT if hydro prices are as outrageous as last year I think not lol.

Starting to feel at home...
    Im new to daycare but plan on having a Summer filled with water fun! Kiddie pool and sprinkler on days the city will allow.