Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Good luck to you, because I've just been through this with 2 newbies and it's such a relief when it's finally quiet again. It's so stressful for you but I know what you mean about it also being stressful for the other children in the daycare to listen to a baby scream all day long.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Shy

Success!

So, Monday was a day full of surprises! Her Mom drops her off, leaves right away, of course the little girl starts screaming at the top of her lungs. I put her in the high chair with her bottle and she settles down. When I see that she's finally in a happy mood I take her down and she starts crying again so I'm holding her taking her to the play room showing her different toys etc.. she would have moments of just observing and taking it all in and then she would start crying again. At lunch time she ate really well, one thing that I'm happy about is that she's a good eater. I always believe.. a full tummy makes for a happy, content baby after lunch a put her in the playpen for her first nap time in my Daycare, so I was ready for not much of a nap just a lot of crying. But, there was my first surprise, she slept for 2 and half hours! and then came my second surprise... when she woke up... she was a different kid! she started playing with the toys, walking around like she owned the place! smiling.. following the rest of the kids... it was amazing! I never thought it would happen so quickly... it's like she transitioned when she was napping!!
    Every day this week has been the same, she turned out to be the sweetest little think ever! oh and my third suprise, a little one that I'm pottie training had his first day without any accidents Yay! it's a good start for a much needed long weekend! Hope all you ladies have a wonderful Easter Weekend! We sure deserve the rest!!!

Euphoric !
    Yay for you Lucy, I'm really happy for you! My newest baby girl was a cryer with horrible separation anxiety from her Mom when she got here in the morning. It broke both our hearts, but after some morning bonding time with me she did the same as your baby, was much happier after her nap for some reason and after a few months she finally found her happy place from morning til afternoon. You can do it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    A lot of the issues first thing in the morning is about transition and making the switch from one thing to another. When they wake up from nap - first they are ready to take on whatever life is going to throw at them but more importantly they wake up neutral and more likely to accept what they see when they wake up.

It is also a sign of how much the child relies on mom to be their support and how self-reliant they are. Can they do anything without mom or not. Those that can will ease into the program much better after a nap.

It can actually work to simply take a screaming child on arrival and put them into bed and let them fuss themselves to sleep if only for a few minutes. Then mom is long gone and child emerges into the daycare with the caregiver at their side. It is a transfer of allegiance so to speak.

Glad your days are improving Lucy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: