Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Kids crafts: what do you do with them?

What do you do with the crafts that kids make while in your care? Do you keep them and display them or do you send them home with the kids?

Shy
    I only do crafts with age 2+. With the younger ones its mostly playdoh or coloring. I usually just give them stickers to put on a sheet they colored and call it a craft.

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    Depends on the art. If it's a group project I keep it and decorate the daycare with it . I usually display art work from valentine's day, christmas etc , for a few days, but I send all the other art work home the day we finish it. I have my own 2 boys who make me art and drawing each and every day so I would run out of wall space!

Shy
    I have one girl who insists on taking hers home every day (which is fine by me lol) and others who would like to see it up on the wall. When seasons change they either take it home or I throw them out after I take my googly eyes and such off (recycle yanno) but some of the parents don't want them at home. (shhh)

depends. i usually take at home. I like allways to remember my lovely little things that my boy create.

Euphoric !
    I use the back of my front door - it is metal and I have some clip magnets on it. When we do colouring or a craft we clip them to the door. It is nice because they can still stand at the gate that separates the coat area and see their work "on display". But at the end of the day it goes home with the parents. If we are doing theme related things then my version stays in the daycare and may either be on the wall or used as a teaching resource in future lessons. Kids like to show off and take things home. Since they are toddlers they have a harder time understanding delayed gratification so at the end of the day they want to do it not the end of next week and it works well for me.