Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Also wanted to Thankyou for having the courage to post about such a touchy subject; one that I'm sure is a fear of a lot of us...of being falsely accused of something we would never dream of let happen.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Shy
    OMG dont want to imagine what would happened if this turned out differently..

Shy
    this is why I reach out for help because we can only know how challenging and at the same time rewarding this job can be.. thank you

Euphoric !
    If it was me I would walk away from that family ...... It would always be on my mind .... What if???? But that's just me !!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

paz

Outgoing
    First, I can't imagine what you have just been through. Thank you for posting such a difficult subject. Just goes to show how quickly something can happen in this job.

Secondly, I wouldn't take the family back. I would hope that all my daycare families would KNOW without a DOUBT that I would NEVER place their child into a situation where something like that could happen. It would always bother me that they felt their child was not safe in my care, or that I allowed their child to be placed into such an awful situation. Trust is HUGE in our job!

I'm not saying they were wrong in having involved others, but they should have come to you first and went from there...just my opinion for what its worth.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to michellesmunchkins For This Useful Post:

paz

Horrible situation, paz!

I honestly don't think anyone did anything wrong here. Mind you, if it was my daughter, I would likely have gone to the daycare provider first. I don't think anyone had anything in mind except to protect the child. It's just sad that we have so many deviants in this world that we even HAVE to take everything a child says so seriously.

Having said that, I am not sure I'd be able to continue with the family, either. There are too many hurt feelings now.

A little bit of a moot point to this situation, but to anyone who thinks that a child who brings up sexual abuse in a context such as this must be being fooled with, this simply isn't true. A child who has been talked to about "privacy parts" could easily have had a dream where someone was touching them without ever having anything happen by anyone. The cases you have to look out for are the ones where the child has inappropriate knowledge of sex acts, or acts out sexual situations that a child should not be privy to.

Of course, if my child (or anyone else's) came to me and said anything about sexual misconduct, I'd definitely be looking into it pronto. I'm just saying that a small child isn't always necessarily telling things how they really are.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

paz

Outgoing
    Unfortunatelly, I would let the family go. It will be always on my mind that this thing happened and I will be very scared to deal with this kid. Although, some people might think that it actually happened that's why you letting them go. You never know. I'm glad it solved and you all are OK. but as you said what if it didn't solve this quick and you and your family had to go through so much pain.

I was horrified when I read the post. I'm glad she and you and your dad is OK.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocoon For This Useful Post:

paz

Euphoric !
    I am glad this all worked out for everyone and quickly. Not sure what I would do about taking them back. Might feel different if I was involved but right now I am thinking let the family decide. We all mentioned about trust and if the parents have enough trust in me to keep their child with me then I probably would agree to keep her too. At the same time if the family say we feel bad but given all that has happened we feel making a new start might be best for everything then I would support that too.

There is so much out there in the news that parents panic before asking questions too. They did the right thing in going directly to authorities whether we want to agree or not. Going to the caregiver or questioning the child more could have even changed the outcome of the discussions and put words in the child's mouth and ideas in her head.

Shy
    You are so right!! thank you for your opinion really appreciated.

playfelt, great point. I hadn't thought of it that way.