Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Starting to feel at home...
    I totally agree with Playfelt...

This is not a trust issue here. Anybody in these parents situation would have beleived their daughter, or at least investigate it. No caregiver can be fully trusted, not even our relatives. I have a daughter, and if she comes to me saying these things, I would do the same they did!

Let them choose. If they choose to stay, it is because they choose to trust you.

Sarah

Euphoric !
    I think everyone here did everything that they should have. You, the parents, child services....
    I would also leave it up to the parents as to whether the child stays in your care. Make it clear that moving forward, it is important to maintain a trusting and communicative relationship.
    Kids these days are exposed to sooooo much, without us even realizing it. I don't think that a child MUST be believed at face value, but I am so glad that this situation worked out positively for all. My stomach was absolutely sick as I was reading your early posts.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

paz

Euphoric !
    Can you go one step further and check into educating yourself about these types of things. Does CAS have any advice for you about how to handle things properly if it ever arises again if the family does stay with you? It couldn't hurt to call them and ask. If you keep the family it will pay to be pro-active, but only you can decide what to do, not us.

Shy
    Good Day, what a great feeling to have all of you for support aside from my wonderful family".
    the storm is over and the sun came out!! the family called me and asked me to take them back..they are truly sorry for everything and willing to meet with my dad to apologized in person for the harm..moving forward they want me to be part of their lives no just the babysitter. The kids are anxious to see us. After a Long debate with my husband and other relatives we believe in second chances.. As you mentioned Momof4..I trying to contact CAS and the police officer for advice. they both true proffesionals and treat my dad and I like what we are..GOOD PEOPLE.

Once again THANK YOU to all and God bless you.

Shy
    Hello Dreamalittledream... thats a long name lol..please see my latest post..hope all is well