Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing

What do YOU do during quiet time?

While the kids are napping or having quiet time, what are you usually doing??

For me, if all the kids cooperate, that is when I get my dishes done and tidy up. Then I am usually able to get on the computer if I want to (like today) and occasionally get caught up on a couple recorded shows! I like quiet time!!

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    I also enjoy quiet time and make a point to do something I enjoy while they sleep. I quickly clean up the kitchen before they go to bed so that once they are all sleeping I come back upstairs and make some coffee ,check out the forum , maybe watch a recorded show as well (LOVE my pvr!!) Sometimes I will give myself a manicure or pedicure lol and twice a week I do a big clean up of the whole house so I can relax on the week-end.

Starting to feel at home...
    First thing I do is get a hot cup of coffee and sit with my laptop for 15 minutes!

Then I clean the kitchen and prep snack/dinner. I always put a load of laundry into the washer in the am, so it goes into the dryer...and then folded into drawers. That's my quiet time.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

How long does your quiet time last for??
    When the kids are "napping". How long are they down for??

What ages do you have and how long do they "nap" for??

Starting to feel at home...
    I have my daycare down in my first level. I have 2 that nap and one that has quiet time ...which lately means watching a movie or else he trys the...my tummy hurts, my brain hurts, I'm bored etc etc you know. So anyways...I know hes safe watching a movie but if I am going to leave the daycare centre to go up stairs then I still use a baby monitor. Does that seem silly? he's 4? Otherwise I do my laundry on the first level of the home, or sit in my office which is also on the same level, there I can use computer to do work, or go on forum or watch tv etc.

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    my group of kids sleep from 12-30 or 1 to 2:30 or 3 So I have plenty of time to clean : )

Euphoric !
    Oh, quiet time! How much do I love that?!!! Mine lasts about 2 hours, 1.5 for the older kids. The big kids, when not in school, watch a movie quietly in the daycare area where I have 2 futons that fold down into queen size beds. Quiet time is MY time to do what I want. The pedicure and manicure is sometimes on the agenda. Sometimes I do house work. Sometimes I just like to sit and revel in the quiet. I think everyone should just do what they want during quiet time because, as we all know, running a daycare is a strenuous day with very long hours. We've certainly earned a leisurely, long lunch.....so enjoy ladies!

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I agree I love quiet time!!!!!

My quiet time lasts 2 hours for my big kid and 2.5 hours for my little ones. I grab a soothing drink in the summer iced tea in the summer hot chocolate, and chat with friends via phone, email, or social networking.

I do try and tidy the kitchen up during lunch, but if it doesn't happen then I clean and prepare afternoon snack when the big kid is up.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

My quiet time is between 12:30/1pm to about 3pm.
    I use my quiet time to study. I go to college at night. Days I don`t feel like studying I make a cup of tea and watch a show to relax.

Euphoric !
    Hmmmm..... what is this "quiet time" you speak of? lol
    We are SUPPOSED to have quiet time/ nap time from 12:30/1:00 until about 3:00ish. I say supposed to because I have 2 little boys (14 months and 18 months) that REFUSE to nap more than 30 min (or less) at a time. And unfortunately, they aren't even taking that half hour at the same time!!
    IF I get them all down at the same time, I admit that I use the time to clean, usually. Or I will sit down with a cup of coffee and a book. I love nap time, when it actually takes place, that is!!!