Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Twins from the UK

Hey everyone,

I was contacting on by a Dr. from the UK who found me on this website. Said she's coming here for a three weeks course and is looking for care for her 4-year-old twins. It all seems a little fishy to me - has this ever happened to any of you? Do people try to scam you on this site? I've had a few scams like this from kijiji, but seeing how it's from this website, I'm more inclined to beleive it. Should I be weary?

Starting to feel at home...
    Yes, you should be very weary! There is another thread on here with other daycare providers saying they have had been contacted by scammers through this site before. They will probably mention sending you a check for you to take out your portion and then send them the remaining money. Total scam!!! Be careful!

Expansive...
    I was contacted by a pair of missionaries from the UK looking for care for their little boy. I didn't get as far as the payment part of it because I detected the sketchiness beforehand...they had actally called their child by a different name in a follow up email! Be careful!

Outgoing
    Just be carefull. Tell them to contact you when they arrive here.

Euphoric !
    Be careful! Ask them to call you directly instead of only email, for one thing.

Outgoing
    It was a scam. I gave her a price and she told me to she was going to send me the money before she came and I had to buy her flight ticket lol way to be! I told her my husband was a cop and that we'd tracked her down lmao

Euphoric !
    THere are so many of these scam emails. Just delete them and don't answer them.

Expansive...
    LOL a Doctor needing you to pay her ticket and asking a complete stranger to watch her kids? Yes totally out there?

Most of the Emails from the UK especially people claiming they're doctors, etc. are full out scams.

I just spam these emails, and don't look back.