Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Stroller

Wink My Stroller

My Foundations Quad came today. Finally. I am in LOVE.

I have no idea what people were talking about when they said that this stroller is difficult to turn. I can turn it with one hand!! All the kids are excited about it. They really like sitting beside one of their buddies.

It's a little heavy for me to carry up and down my stairs, even empty, but I think that's to be expected with a quadruple stroller.

Anyway, I can't think of any other group of people who might understand how exciting this is, so I thought I'd share.

Starting to feel at home...
    Woo hoo!!! Perfect timing for getting out to explore this spring. Enjoy!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emily3 For This Useful Post:

Oh that's so exciting! I really need a quad but I just don't have any money LOL! Enjoy!

Luna, this one was $513 with shipping, taxes and everything. Not bad...save up!

My husband would probably divorce me if I spent another $500 right now LOL! But really I NEED a quad! We walk every single day. Soon I will have more kids then I can carry with just a wagon and an Ergo.

Whoot Whoot - that is awesome nothing better than FREEDOM!

Just my motherly advice cause I cannot help myself - we are not pack mules and are not designed to be pushing 4 children who are weighing over 30 pounds each - take care of your BACK and remember that just because you have the space for four to RIDE now does not mean you need to be busting your hump allowing ALL of them to ride - if they are old enough and capable of walking and therefore weighs too much to still be being 'pushed' in a stroller make em walk most if not all of the way with the buggy as a back up
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

My almost 3 year old CAN walk but it would take us 3 hours to get to the end of the street if I always let him walk

Quote Originally Posted by lunademiel View Post
    My almost 3 year old CAN walk but it would take us 3 hours to get to the end of the street if I always let him walk
    LOL - ya our own are always more challenging ... my 22 month old DCB can walk 2.5 km to the OEYC by my house in under 30 minutes although the walk BACK takes us about 40 though cause they are going at slower pace by than cause they walked there played for two hours and are now walking back again ... but my deal is if you want to go fun places you gotta walk cause my back cannot push 'big kids' who can walk anymore so if they do not walk we do not go places and even though I have the van now I will not 'drive' a distance I know that they are capable of walking cause I want to promote healthy exercise and so forth and well I can use the exercise too just not the 'pushing' 150 pounds extra while I am doing it
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Luna ... Keep your eye on kijiji for a quad ... I have seen them on there quite often.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh good for you! I'm a jealous shade of green over here!

I have a triple but it's a side to side to side so I can't fit it through any doors or on the bus. I lock it up outside when I go places but then I worry the whole time we are at an event that it will be there when I get back outside with my little ones.

I have a double that I love, it's a duoglde with awesome wheels and my oldest 3 have to walk. It's taken us a ton of practice but we can go anywhere on the bus especially. My 23 month old is doing fantastic walking because he's the size of a 3 year old, but sometimes those little legs reach their limits so I have to be careful.