Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    Ah the things women do/say when they are stressed about their children... Still though, it's unacceptable. You are a wonderful, kind person for giving her another chance. I'm sure she will never disrespect you again but if she does, don't put up with it.

AND don't let it ruin your weekend. Try not to take it personally, you know, and we know, it's not your fault. It's all emotions...

((HUGS))

Euphoric !
    Agreed, this may have been a sh#*%& week for everyone here. The little one sounds sick, as a teething fever is usually very low-grade. The kids are having a hard time with the adjustment, and mom clearly is too.
    BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO SPEAK TO YOU SO HURTFULLY, OR HANG UP ON YOU WITHOUT EVEN ALLOWING YOU TO SPEAK!!! Now that I have that off my chest... LoL
    Since you have such a good prior relationship, I would be very upfront with her. "I feel like we had a really rough week last week. Is there anything that you wanted to discuss, or is there anything I should know about? I would like to move forward, but I am not comfortable with how everything played out when we were attempting to communicate."
    And that WOULD be my last kick at it. Even a hint of that raging bitch again, and I would be summarily dismissing. Things may be crazy in life for her, and maybe there is even stuff going on that you don't know about (I always try to remember that there may be more than what I know of), but there is no cause or excuse to take it out on you.
    And, no I would not accept them at extended hours. I learned in my first year that I set my hours as such for a reason. Hopefully they stay and you continue as it WAS. But if this is the "real" her.... Good riddance!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    She came this morning at her normal time, dropped off the kids, and left. No real hi or anything for me but I didn't feel disrespected in any way.

Honestly, I could live without the chit chat as my front hall gets easily crowded. good news I guess?

Unfortunately I'm going to have to ask her to make sure the kids have warm jackets at pick up. Hope I'm not going to 'start anything' by mentioning this but we had to come in early from outing because her kids were freeeeeeeeezing.

Starting to feel at home...
    I would have terminated on the spot.

Um..................NEXT!

First off - with fevers.....you need to have it in your policies that if a kid has a fever they are excluded from care for 24 hours. If you had that then when you sent the kid home on the first day they could not have returned the next day.

Second, you also need to have it in your contract that if a parent is belligerent then that is grounds for immediate termination with NO refund of fees already paid.

Seriously, you need to NOT take crap like this from parents. If a parent spoke to me in that manner I would have handed the kid's stuff to her along with a termination letter and she would never come back.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Really? She wasn't rude or anything just made a quick drop-off. She was fine when she came in to pick them up. Happy to see the girls and looking energized. She listened to my feedback on the day and didn't take any offense when I said the girls needed warmer jackets.

I'm giving it the week. I don't want to make any rash decisions because I wasn't happy about last week.

Judy - I'm re-doing my parent-hand book and being VERY specific on EVERYTHING. When I started out I had no idea that parents would willingly bring sick children to daycare. I was naive.

I'll also be adding a section on verbal abuse and the like.

I'll update the post at the end of the week with my final decision

jec
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-in-alberta View Post
    Since you have such a good prior relationship, I would be very upfront with her. "I feel like we had a really rough week last week. Is there anything that you wanted to discuss, or is there anything I should know about? I would like to move forward, but I am not comfortable with how everything played out when we were attempting to communicate."
    And that WOULD be my last kick at it. Even a hint of that raging bitch again, and I would be summarily dismissing. Things may be crazy in life for her, and maybe there is even stuff going on that you don't know about (I always try to remember that there may be more than what I know of), but there is no cause or excuse to take it out on you.
    Very good advice. Don't sweep it under the rug as it will only happen again if you don't address it.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    Really?
    Yes, really. I REALLY mean it - I would terminate them.

Euphoric !
    Cadillac, watch out for signs that she's looking around for another daycare and don't let her catch you off guard. I'm worried about you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    Cadillac, watch out for signs that she's looking around for another daycare and don't let her catch you off guard. I'm worried about you.
    Awwwww. Thanks.
    Perhaps I am just a little too nice. Honestly, If she leaves then she leaves and I'm not stressed about it. If she leaves without two weeks notice and refuses to pay it, I'll take her to court.

I've got tons of inquiries right now and I'm financially stable so whether she stays or goes is no skin off my back (just missing the kids I guess).

It would actually be nice to have a few less kids to enjoy the summer with.

That post really touched my heart though. Thanks mom . . . . of4