Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Shy
    Oh wow, and here I was ready to cry at the $1000 a month...lol. This is what nearly everyone pays?! So I'm not doing it 'wrong'.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    When I moved here to Ottawa, I almost cried over our grocery bill, it sky rocketed from our previous home.

Besides the difference in price of groceries from area to area, I think how much groceries cost also depend on the type of food you serve. I have a friend who has a family of 7 and has 7 kids in her daycare (2 are over 10) and she runs about $1000 in groceries too. I will also willingly admit she is more frugal than I am and I could take some lessons. lol.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Starting to feel at home...
    Hmm, I was wondering as I was doing my groceries the other day if I was over spending. I spend about I guess about 700-900/month . Although I do feel that by the weekend there is not much left for us to eat, we are scrounging.... I have a family of 4 and 5 dcks.

Just hubby and I in the household currently, with two dckids. We spend approx $400-500/month. We save by going over to the US every second Friday for groceries, especially for dairy and chicken.

Dairy is cheap compared to over at home in ON. We can buy shredded cheese for $4.49/bag, whereas in Kemptville/Ottawa it costs on SALE $5.50 (reg price $7-8). It's crazy. Eggs for an 18 pack is $1.99. There was one sale that was buy one 12 pack of eggs, get the second free if you had your coupon! Thank god for online flyers!!!!

I go to Costco for toilet paper, paper towels, salsa, napkins, etc., and I go with my mom or sister because they have the membership! I scour flyers, and then make the list. I tend to only buy things on sale unless it's an item we absolutely need. Wish we had coupons like in the US though, could save more!!!!

Outgoing
    Id love to have the coupons like in the US too! Im inspired by the new show "Extreme couponing."

Starting to feel at home...
    We are a family of 4 and I have 2 part-time daycare kids and we spend about $600 a month, sometimes less. My kids and husband have allergies so there are special items for them that cost a little more.

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    I spend between 400 - 500 a month. Family of 3 with 4 dck's. I scour the flyers and find everything on sale at the various stores and then make a list. I go to Wal Mart to grocery shop and then have the price match anything that was on sale cheaper elsewhere. I also use coupons sometimes. I dont extreme coupon or anything (why stock up on crap that will expire before I use it?) but if there is a coupon for something I normally buy I will use a coupon for sure.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Toregone For This Useful Post:

I spend on average about $150-175 a week for the DAYCARE alone and at least that on our personal groceries for my spouse and myself plus a teenager one night a week and every other weekend ~ my annual grocery receipts over the past 5 years have ranged between $17,000 and almost $19,000 a year and it just keeps rising with the cost of 'fresh produce' rising :roll:

However I have Celiac and serve a mostly gluten free menu for the daycare so that I am able to eat with them whenever possible as well as a full gluten free menu for my family.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Expansive...
    We are a family of 4 and budget $200/week for groceries and personal care. This also includes diapers for my son, and anything like shampoo, soap, detergent, etc.

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    Wow you guys must all live somewhere much more expensive that I do. I feed the kids all home cooked meals except for the occasional treat day so I don't know why I come in so cheap compared to others.