Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rates

jec

Rates

Just wondering if you ladies are comfortable telling me what rates are.
    I charge $34 day with recites.
    I know different areas have different rates but just wondering to see the industry itself

Outgoing
    I charge $35 per day and give receipts as well. I charge the same rate for whatever age your child is, a spot is a spot. When I offer (and its not very often) a half day the rate is $25. My full time and part time rates are the same, which I'm thinking of changing. I am considering increasing my part time rates since families keep telling me its not easy to find someone who will take their child say 2-3 days per week instead of the full 5. Hope that helps. Oh and I'm in Ontario.

jec
    I'm in Ontario too ~ Peterborough to be more specific.
    I only have full time spots ~ seems that Peterborough has a lot of part time needs verses full time. Just don't know if I want to get into the crazy of trying to stay in numbers while filling my spots.
    Starting up my daycare in our new city has proven to take longer than it did when I lived in Brampton. I know it can be feast or famine when it comes to filling your spots but wondering if my rates are too high. I think I'm average around my area but when other providers post on kijiji they don't put their rates ??

Outgoing
    I'm Oshawa Ontario. Rates around here range quite a bit. I've seen postings for as little as $20 a day up to about $40 a day here. I can't believe the amount of people that require the part time. I have very rarely been asked about a full time space. I only have 1 child who is full-time monday to friday. All the others are tues/thurs, mon/wed/fri. Its for sure hard for scheduling and ensuring that I'm never over my numbers. I would absolutely prefer to have 5 full time monday to friday kids but it just doesn't seem to be out there. So many people work weekends now and don't want to pay for daycare when they don't need it, which I fully understand.

jec
    Ummmmm
    Seems I might have to change my full time only position

My daycare provider when we had our 2 in her daycare must have LOVED us! I paid full fee when we had our second to ensure we didn't lose our spot and I was on mat leave ( and she only went once or twise a week to keep her in routine) Never got a change of rate for having 2 her in her care. If one of our girls had a sniff, I came and picked her/them up.
    I understand not wanting to have to pay for a spot when your home and not working but as someone who did pay as my husband also had Friday's off and she never went .....so they only went Mon-Thurs and we paid full fee and full to hold her spot while on mat leave.
    Guess we were the dumb ones...but no regrets as she was wonderful but ouch on the pocket book.

Guess...need to change my way of thinking. What we did doesn't mean everyone else is going to....

Euphoric !
    I'm in Ottawa and I'm 40/day full time I do charge more for part time but I don't have any part time kids right now, I have five full time.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by jec View Post
    Ummmmm
    Seems I might have to change my full time only position

My daycare provider when we had our 2 in her daycare must have LOVED us! I paid full fee when we had our second to ensure we didn't lose our spot and I was on mat leave ( and she only went once or twise a week to keep her in routine) Never got a change of rate for having 2 her in her care. If one of our girls had a sniff, I came and picked her/them up.
    I understand not wanting to have to pay for a spot when your home and not working but as someone who did pay as my husband also had Friday's off and she never went .....so they only went Mon-Thurs and we paid full fee and full to hold her spot while on mat leave.
    Guess we were the dumb ones...but no regrets as she was wonderful but ouch on the pocket book.

Guess...need to change my way of thinking. What we did doesn't mean everyone else is going to....
    My husband and I did the same thing to hold our daughters spot. I didn't work summers, march break or christmas break but still paid full fees to keep her spot with her daycare provider. I too only sent her once or twice a week. I thought that was the norm..until I started doing home daycare...for my families on mat leave, they come twice a week at the minimum and my part time kids are a minimum of 2 days. I always picked my kids up at the slightest sniffle too but I don't call the parents to come for their kids unless its absolutely necessary. It amazes me the difference between some parents. I often ask myself why some families even chose to have children because when I meet with them I get the impression that they just can't be bothered with their kids...and then I meet with some on the flip side who are almost to the point of obsessed with their child...

Starting to feel at home...
    I am in an Ottawa suburb, the going rate here is 45-50 a day . I charge 48.50 and it is for the spot, I don't really do part time etc....

Quote Originally Posted by ECE53 View Post
    I am in an Ottawa suburb, the going rate here is 45-50 a day . I charge 48.50 and it is for the spot, I don't really do part time etc....
    Wowie! Where abouts? Kanata? Riverside South?

I'm outside of Ottawa - just south, and will be raising my rates to $37/day for f/t (5 days) and $42/day for p/t (3-4 days). $20 for before and after school or $15 for just one or the other.

Euphoric !
    Just got the CCPRN newsletter with the results of the rates survey and what a variation from area to area as well as within some areas. Statistics are always skewed depending on how people interpret questions and what is included in the fees. In my area of Orleans the rates were $28-45 a day but I know one caregiver that charges $28 does school age kids so before and after but has them over lunch and considers that full days.

Right now I am at $37 a day but will be going to $40 for new families starting this summer. I have one space I will devote to part time as I also have a 4 day child which means 2 families could each have 3 days each as long as they both use Monday which is what I have now but will be losing both part timers. So have to decide to keep it for two or just fill with one and have an easier monday which is tempting but at the same time the three day rate is more than 3 x my daily rate so worth it to fill with two families.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast