Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    In terms of filling up to my max, I feel like I can manage up to 7 on my own but I just don't want to be working that hard everyday. And I do agree with you playfelt, about doing what you think you can handle. But at the same time, I have found that with each new addition to our group I have always been nervous to take on one more and its always hectic the first week but turns out to run pretty smooth after about a month and then I'm glad I did take another one on. So maybe my cautiousness is playing my confidence and knowing what I can handle. I suppose if I do have my assistants every day and they are absent here and there than its not the end of the world as I don't solely depend on them. Its more so about my quality of life. And my plan of course is to make it good for me. And having my dayhome filled would add to that as well.
    So it'd be nice to be totally booked though and get to that smooth running comfort level. Thank you for telling me to try. I think I am going to meet with them and see what the boy is like, if I find him to be calm or potentially a handful, what my guts tell me about him and his family, and ask for honest feedback from my client who referred her to me. Cause I'm sure we have all had friends whom we love whose children's behaviour we weren't crazy about/wouldn't want around our kids. So I'm assuming she would tell me. Thank you all for your thoughts and support.

Euphoric !
    When you say more work it isn't that much to add another handful of pasta to the pot or print an extra picture to colour. It also means an extra set of hands for cleanup and help too - at least eventually. And the older kids often rise to the challenge of helping with the new baby which helps. Moving from 2-3 to 5-6 is a more work because everything you do doubles and you move from the small pot to the large pot, a small feltboard to a large enough one for everyone to see. After that you don't really notice the extra bodies after the first settle in period - but you do notice the income that comes with it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Yup, you're right playfelt. Going from 2-3 to 5-6 does double the work but its not that bad. I'm just realizing that I think I'm just tired from having to do so many consecutive transitions and there have been so many changes happening in the past few months.I had one baby start in Jan. another one end of February, one little guy left this march who had been with me since last year another new little guy started, one more is joining us at the end of this April/beginning of May, and now this last part time munchkin to have to think about for June.
    I'm tired just writing it out But do see the light at the end of the tunnel. So by June, I could have my dayhome filled and complete, and then its smooth sailing from there. No more newbies! I Just get so drained with each new start making sure to comfort and transition both parents and child. So it should be really good once our group is complete. It'd be nice to get it all over with in close proximity so that I get a break from all this transitioning...