Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Expansive...

I feel guilty just posting this but . . .

One of my kids has been driving me NUTS lately.

She's my little micro manager, she can be bossy to the other kids, won't stop talking, wants constant attention. She's annoying me. Honestly, she's becoming exhausting.

I love this kid with all my heart but I feel like I need a vacation from her.

I need stories to know I'm not the only one who feels this way at times.

Outgoing
    Haha, sounds like my daughter right now. She has an ear infection and is constantly whining, is always bossing the little ones around (when she decides to play with them), doesn't want them touching any of the toys, and constantly wants me to pay attention to just her.

Thankfully, she gets to spend time with just me when they nap (she's 3 and doesn't nap). Hopefully this is just a phase that ends quickly. I don't give into her (attention wise), I let her know that I have to pay attention to everyone, not just her. Doesn't help that ALL my dck's are fighting colds and teething right now (ugh... I hate molars).

Hugs to you!

Outgoing
    haha, as the saying goes there is one in every bunch. I have one like that too. She's a mini mom at daycare. Most days its great. She keeps the other little ones in check and reminds them what they can and cannot do She can be bossy too, but I just remind her that she is the oldest and she has to teach them. She's also old enough (2.5) that I can tell her Michelle just needs a minute to herself, so how about you finish colouring your picture or something along those lines. Most days she will accept that and give me a few minutes...other days she won't leave my side and wants me to know whenever someone is doing something they shouldn't be (even though I'm in the room and can see it lol).

We all have days where we need a vacation from certain little ones. Its normal. Even the parents tell me somedays that they are dropping her off and just having a day without her because she is driving them nuts!

Just think, tomorrow is friday!!!!!! Your not alone that's for sure!

apples and bananas
    I have one too! She shows me everything... Look Look... That's all I hear all day. A huge attention getter. I sometimes wonder if anyone actually talks to her at home. She's high energy and gets worse when she's sleepy. Just drives me crazy. I end up falling into " yes... uh huh... ok... yes... uh huh... ok... " and so on. And she's not even 2 so I can only really undersstand half of what she says. I feel your frustration.

Starting to feel at home...
    I was just going to vent about the little guy I have now. You are definitely not alone. He just turned two and I have been caring for him for a year. He was tough right from the start. From needing to be sleep trained (still rocked with a bottle to sleep at 14 months), to wanting to be picked up all the time. Now it's all about MINE and pushing, hitting and taunting the other 2 year old I watch. I have always had a tough time with his sleeping habits. NOW he's starting to climb out of his playpen and doesn't want to sleep or do any quiet activities. I've tried lullaby's, staying in the room, he eventually falls asleep but shortly after wakes and wants to be put back to sleep. I don't have time to be constantly calming him down for quiet time.

I just get really get exhausted with this one. Makes me want to get out of this business when one child makes it so hard to get through the day
    ~~Proud Mama and Owner/Operator of Cutie Pie Daycare~~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah A For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I feel for you! I don't have any like that right now (except my own son sometimes..lol), but I had one in the past. Life has been ever so peaceful since she left. Only, she was more than just annoying...you can't really terminate based on "annoying". Hang in there! I hope it gets better!

Oh - ya cut yourself some slack on the guilty part ... if I had a nickle for all the days that one child or another over the years who literally drove me to drink after work I would be RETIRED ... in hindsight I should have bought me some shares in Bailey's

Children are HUMAN BEINGS just like any adult on the planet just SMALLER - you would not think twice about venting about your spouse or a coworker who was pushing your buttons over something .... no different with a child!

They all have personality issues, temperament issues and well just 'days' were you would love to sell them to the Gypsy's for a bag of chips cause they are just dragging on every fibre of your being!

Sorry but if someone is telling you they have NEVER had a moment where they did not LIKE their OWN child for one reason or another let alone a strangers child IMO they are full of it .... every human being has those 'moments and stages' where their behaviour is well less than desirable heck I bet GANDHI gave his mother a run for her money some days!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Ahhh Reggio...you never fail to make me laugh, nod my head vigourously and give thanks for your posts all at once You are exactly right...we are human...no matter how much we care about the kids and love our job, we all have moments where we feel we will go completely insane by the end of the day...and then we get to the end of the day and find we have a little piece of sanity left after all, so we get up the next day and try it again

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Reading that, I thought one of my little ones was somehow at your place!
    Reggio, you made me laugh, too. That's what red wine is for! I always say I'm not going to have a glass during the week, but somehow there's ALWAYS a reason!

Expansive...
    She's giving me a freakin' tick here. My Eyes start to twitch every time I hear '_________ I just want to tell you something'.

I have made a new rule in my that if you have a bit of free time you must FIND SOMETHING TO PLAY WITH. Following me around the house is punishable by LAW.

I'm so CONSTANTLY redirecting her I feel like I'm starting to get mean and drill-sergeantish. I hate that feeling.