Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    Dad is being totally disrespectful, BUT you're giving him what he wants. It's YOUR daycare. Lunch is at 12:30. When lunch is over, it's over. You're not there...you miss it. It's simple. As Inspired By Reggio said, it's not a restaurant. You've warned him enough times, that I'd just go ahead with my schedule. You're allowing him special treatment by waiting for him. You're waiting for him. Why should he stop? He'll stop when you do as you say in stating that he has to be there by a certain time for lunch...

Expansive...
    exactly what PP's said.
    Feed your son at the scheduled time and go to the park until 1:10

My house My rules
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    What happened today? What did you decide? Enquiring minds want to know!

Euphoric !
    I think part of the problem though, gals (correct me if I am wrong Sam) is that feeding that child is not the only issue. When he arrives at one, he arrives right at naptime. And because Dad is being lackadaisical with the schedule, he slept from 11 to 12:30.
    So: A) he's not tired and B) even if he was, there are not too many kids that will come in the door and go straight to sleep.
    I stand by what I said. Give them a final warning. "If you are not here by x oclock, I will not be able to provide care."
    My concern is that if this continues, it won't be long before there are other issues. Payment, not bringing the appropriate clothing or enough diapers, etc. Ugh...

apples and bananas
    I aggree... a lot of what we do prepares kids for school. I know this child is a long way off, but parents have to be trained too. My child has to be at school before the bell. The bus doesn't wait if my son is still putting his shoes on. I can't show up after an appt at 1pm without having him fed and expect the teachers to stop what they're doing to let him eat. I would just tell dad when he drops off next. " The door will be locked at 12:45 (or whenevr you think is fair) I'm doing this because I have a structure that I need to stick with. I understand the odd delay and if that happens please let me know right away by phone, but otherwise, if you are not here by 12:45 I have to assume you're not coming. It's in XXXXX best interest to be on a schedule. "

And follow through. Lock the door at 12:45 the next day. If he's on time, praise him for being on time. LOL just like we do with the little ones.