Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Finding clients: could I be doing something wrong?

I've been listed on daycarebear for about 6 months now. I have a good listing as far as I can tell. My website is also posted and gives fantastic information for parents including references right on the website. But, I haven't got one bite off of daycarebear. All of my children have been found through craigslist. I see that I have been viewed many times, I'm just not sure what is wrong.

Does anyone else have this issue?
    My listing is Flex-Fun Home Daycare if you can take a look and let me know what you think.

I just don't get it. I know my daycare is great and if I get a call I can recruit the child 99% of the time but no one is calling me after seeing my ad on this site.

Andy

Hello Andy,

People just might not be looking for care in your area this current time. Please be patient, and they will come to you! I have been on this site since the summer, and I've only received 3 parents that have found me from daycarebear. Others have found me through Google Places, Kijiji, and usedottawa. Try posting flyers in grocery stores, and Early Learning Centers (if you have one close by to you).

I just had 3 interviews in these past 2 weeks! Before that I had to wait until just before Christmas. They also say that once you're full, then you get lots of responses!!!!

Expansive...
    This is what I thought at first but I get a lot of call from craigslist so I thought maybe my posting was lacking or something. not a lto of people in my area know about this site though either. I redirect a lot of parents here when they call me for care and I can't take them (due to ages or what not)

I wanted to do flyers but I wasn't sure how professional it looked to have my daycare posted on a street corner

I have PM'd you FlexFun!

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    OT - I had to take my ad off craigslist because I have NEVER received an inquiry from it and I receive TONS of junk emails as a result of my advertising on craigslist.

I use daycarebear, usedottawa, and kijiji, and I have to say when I tally up the referrals, the 3 are pretty even

I agree with Play and Learn that I haven't had many inquiries for daycare over the last 4 months! Over the last year or more my spaces have been filled before I had a chance to advertise and most without an interview because they were families waiting to get into my daycare. My space was open for a whole month and I just filled it last week for a child who started today.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Also Nicole, for some reason in Ottawa and area, Craigslist has gone bad over the past couple of years. I have not seen anything good come from that site for a long time. Just junk and more junk. Depends on your areas I suppose!

Shy
    FlexFunCare when you least expect it the enquiries will come. For me most requests for space happens January, May/June and September/December. I have listed on kijiji and daycarebear . I had a spot filled in February because of my listing on daycarebear in January.

Shy
    My last three people that have started found me on here. I used to post on Kijiji as well but my post would get lost among others. Also I found people would contact me wanting to mainly know price. On here it is already listed.

Starting to feel at home...
    Im having the same problem, and considering closing to go back to "work" until things pick up. Unfortunately that means starting all over when I'm back. I need to pay my bills tho! It's hard sometimes in this business.