Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Play and Learn View Post
    I buy from the states (but you can't claim it as a business expense as we're in Canada) in Walmart these cots: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-My-...el-Bed/4433186 And it's only $25.

I have currently 2 dcks on it, and they seem to like it. I have no complaints.

I do ask parents to provide me with a pillow and a mattress protector (a crib one works well).

Just a suggestion!

I know this is an old thread but I was just doing some searching on cots and this thread popped up in google! I was looking at this cot and going to buy it from the States. I am just curious....why can you not claim it? I have bought plenty of things from the States (in store and online) and have never been told I couldn't claim it so I am curious. Thanks!!

Euphoric !
    I was just reading and wondered the same thing. It is no different than if we order craft supplies from Oriental trading or I get my printed felt from a US company as well as my plain felt I buy by the metre from a US based company, etc. I have always claimed it including the shipping, and the GST charged at the border as well as any additional charges for UPS customs and delivery.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Could just lay a blanket under the children for padding

Expansive...
    I use regular daycare cots like the licensed centres do, and they last forever. I bought mine used on kijiji 5 years ago, and they're still perfect.
    On another note, I ordered replacement parts for my Runabout stroller from the US, and had no problem claiming the cost/duties etc on my taxes(done with an accountant)If you have legitimate receipts, I don't see why it would be an issue.