Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Want to do a dck photo CD, song suggestions?

My first post and I hope to post many more as I am learning so much and would love to help future newbies. I have been a lurker for a while, I admit and thank you ladies (and gentlemen) for all the advice that I have taken as a newbie.
    I am relocating my daycare and am making photo CD's for the parents- because I am losing my kids- moving far away. It's sad cuz I really liked them.
    I would love suggestions for a background song to the photos. (without it becoming a debate of copyright etc.) Just songs that would be fun in the background for everyone.

Euphoric !
    Aw, I started out as a lurker too and now you just can't shut me up!

I copied your post and I'm sending it to a friend of mine who I know does all kinds of cd's & things like that for Christmas & goodbye presents for her daycare kids. Personally, I'm technologically challenged, so I do a scrapbook memory book for the children when they graduate from my daycare. I'll definitely get back to you with her answer, ok?

Ya - I am no good with music ... I love to listen to it but never remember the names of songs or artists
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    "Closing time" by um well um I forget but it's a great song .... I'll asking of my kids I'm sure they will know as they have iPods stuck in their ears 24/7

Euphoric !
    Sorry bridlewood, not much help, but this is the answer I got from my friend:

I am not sure how much help I can be, I use a program that I have with my computer called iPhoto, I create a DVD photo movie and then I burn them. It is very straight forward with the program I use but if she has a PC I am not much help.

I do a good-bye DVD for each of the kids and I do one each year of all the kids for Christmas. My parents love them.

Expansive...
    Sarah McLaughlin - Will you remember Me?

Or Somewhere over the rainbow (the 50 first day hawaii version)

or She Will be Loved by Maroon 5 if it is a girl

or Foot of the Mountain

Expansive...
    Skinamarink? Love them in the morning, afternoon, evening & under the moon!

Good Luck!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Shy
    Sorry I have been moving.... so not really doing much else.
    I love the Sarah McLauglin idea! As long as i don't have to watch her commercials with suffering dogs, they make me wanna cry.
    Closing time is too funny... one last call for alcohol...haha.