Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Am I really expected to take them out to play when it's -3 at the end of April?

ok...so, it's not a real question. I'm fully capable of deciding what to do, but really -3 at the end of April. Snow this morning? Come on!!

I'm not! We will go out after nap when it's 9 degrees. Mine are having fun ripping my house apart at the moment, and I am sitting back with a nice cup of coffee. I don't mind at all.

Outgoing
    We are not going out this morning either. If it warms up for the afternoon we will head outdoors, but for now...its a lazy friday around here. My husband just made everyone bacon and sausages and hashbrowns for a late breakfast. I have 2 kids off sick, one not arriving until after nap so only one daycare kiddo...makes for a FABULOUS FRIDAY!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by michellesmunchkins View Post
    We are not going out this morning either. If it warms up for the afternoon we will head outdoors, but for now...its a lazy friday around here. My husband just made everyone bacon and sausages and hashbrowns for a late breakfast. I have 2 kids off sick, one not arriving until after nap so only one daycare kiddo...makes for a FABULOUS FRIDAY!
    wow! Sounds nice. We're just having a freeplay kind of Friday!

Outgoing
    It is heaven today. We all need days like this every now and then. Makes a really long week seem not so bad

apples and bananas
    Us too, I have my kids home with me today. This big kids had a nice snack, made some papertowel flowers for a craft, started the mothers day cards and are now watching a quick movie until lunch. Then I'm letting them loose on a gigantic box during quiet time. I'm letting the imationation take over. Afternoon outside time I hope! The little ones and I are just chillin in the play room today. nice and easy Friday.

Does anyone else get to Friday, look at the empty fridge, the messy craft containers, the abundance of pics on the wall, the mismatched toys ect ect ect and wonder how you made it???

Euphoric !
    Easy Friday for me too .... Two are away !!!! We did go out this morning though .... Lunch is on the table and naps to follow ..... Home time when they get up ... Yay for Friday ; )

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    Us too, I have my kids home with me today. This big kids had a nice snack, made some papertowel flowers for a craft, started the mothers day cards and are now watching a quick movie until lunch. Then I'm letting them loose on a gigantic box during quiet time. I'm letting the imationation take over. Afternoon outside time I hope! The little ones and I are just chillin in the play room today. nice and easy Friday.

Does anyone else get to Friday, look at the empty fridge, the messy craft containers, the abundance of pics on the wall, the mismatched toys ect ect ect and wonder how you made it???
    I think this every Friday!!!!

Your business your rules

I personally have the opposite problem - making sure they send the proper clothes all year long - I WANT to go out even on mornings like this morning where it was -1 and when I comment to parents at drop off that they need to run home and get mittens and a hat for this morning and one parent comments 'really it is only -3 your not going out are you' .... awkward pause while I look at them with my "really?" look cause you've been here 3 years you KNOW the answer to this and than if they do not just GO to get it I add "ummm and YES my handbook clearly states we go outside daily ALL YEAR LONG unless there is a weather alert issued from Environment Canada for my area or it is colder than -10 neither of which are forcasted for today - so we will be going outside both morning and afternoon and if your not back with his stuff by 9am dude is going to be COLD out there in that little tee shirt!

I am anal - even if we just go out to the 'van' to head to a playgroup on a cold morning I want the proper clothes with me - what if my van breaks down and we have to walk home or what not and all your kid has is a short sleeve shirt cause it is going to be '9' this afternoon ... I am the one who has to listen to him WHINE that he is cold!

Not to mention I am the one who gets the LOOKS from other people cause he is not properly dressed - sometimes I seriously want to pin a NOTE on the kid that says 'No its not her fault I am dressed like this - this is all my mom sent for me to wear and unfortunately my provider is not WALMART and cannot stock a variety of clothes in all sorts of sizes for parents like mine who cannot get it together in the morning'

And before people slam me - I know that sounds judgmental ... I get that parents are busy and morning routines can be hectic and so people 'forget' sometimes ... however I do not buy that as an excuse to just NOT DO IT once you remember - cause ironically I have to get FIVE kids ready and out the door several times a day and if I forgot there would be hell to pay if a kid was found outside without mittens a parent had sent cause I 'forgot' to put them on
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Outgoing
    -3 from November to March is acceptable, but COME ON! It's April 27. I refused to go out just to show mother nature that I'm not gonna take it! If I go out, she may think that this is acceptable!