Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Kangaroo if I remember correctly from previous posts it's actually 3 full days and 2 half days and I agree with Reggio .. They smell your desperation ....IMO You have to do something drastic to fix the problem or your frustration will turn to resentment

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I agree with the comment that he DID read your text and is just disrespectful. I had a family like this one...my very fist one, and I'm sure many can remember mother was "special" and would only pay when she felt like it and we almost had a playpen/carseat hostage situation LOL

It was my fear and worry about income too but at the end of the day the stress it caused me daily was NOT worth it! Mom (because of a comment I made) thought she had the upper hand. I had said she needs to follow the contrct and pay in full because I cant afford to have income come-&-go when she felt like it. Well she took it as I NEEDED her.....she learned the hard way.

I didn't NEED her, I was just trying to be nice in telling you you're a deadbeat mom!

I would not feed him lunch, when dad arrives and says I didn't read your text - say something along the line of "food is going to waste so I wont perpare anything for him tomorrow and since I'm telling you NOW it shouldnt be a problem". Ohhhh I would "step out" or have the vacuum, washer, tv all going so you *didnt* hear the door until after 1pm
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I agree with the confidence thing. I made the mistake of making it obvious that they were my first clients. They know that I am learning just as much as they are. It can be a good thing - the mom is really supportive and respectful. The dad not so much. I aplogize for ensinuating that he was dumb bc he was hippie, that's not what I meant. He's just more laisez-fair and....honestly, he seems like a bit of a burn out. The other day, when he came to pay me, he handed me a bunch of bills rolled up, tied with an elastic and then he slapped my hand and said "pleasure doing business with you". I wanted to scream WE'RE NOT FRIENDS!! I think he legit just doesn't understand. A few weeks ago, when he picked up his son he thanked me for all I've done and said his son was a lot happier lately and that they really appreciate my help. It was touching. But then he turns around and blatenely ignores my requests. Since I wrote them my last letter, he's been on time twice and late twice. Thursday is his next half day (Monday, Wednesday, Friday he is here full days). If he is more than 15 minutes late, we're gonna have a chat. And I'm going to tell him, face to face, that I am having a really hard time with the half days. That they're not working out. Either he needs to take my requests seriously or his son is going to have to start coming full days or not at all. They had a really hard time finding care so I know they need me just as much as I need them. And then the next time he doesn it, I won't be home.
    Luckily, the new one I have starting next week LOVES me and she really appreciates what I do. Now that I have these two, I can survive financially, so I can afford to be more assertive in the next interviews. Although I'm pretty desperate for clients, I did turn one away last week because she was intimidating and made me feel like I didn't know what I was doing. I'm still new at this and these are situations I haven't encountered yet and she seemed to ask me everything I'd never dealt with haha. I was a nanny for five years, I nannied for two moms like her lol and I decided to be a daycare provider in my home because I didn't want to feel like that again. I just need to keep reminding myself of that. I need to respect that I can't have it all when I'm just starting out, but I also need to respect the reason why I decided to do this in the first place Thanks guys!

Outgoing
    [QUOTE=Crayola kiddies;15205]Kangaroo if I remember correctly from previous posts it's actually 3 full days and 2 half days
    Honest to God, this just warmed my heart that you remembered it from past posts lol I'm such a suck! LOL Either you care enough to remember or I'm annoying haha. I gotta say, I've been on a lot of forums and the community on this one is just so amazing! I honestly have no idea what I would do without you guys! I respect your opinions and advice so much! Thank you!

Euphoric !
    Samroo I have a memory like a steel trap ....not saying that I don't care cause I do but I rarely forget anything and numbers are my thing .....I almost never have to consult a phone book ... If I've dialed it once I never forget it .... My husband has to ask me his sisters phone number. My sister called me one day to ask me what her 4th child weighed at birth ... Her child not mine... Lol .... Some people though don't like that I have a good memory ... Like my ex husband ; )

Good luck with these people ... I know what it's like when a family has you over a barrel !

Euphoric !
    I was gonna be all hard-ass on you... but it sounds like you have come to the conclusion that I was going to throw at you anyway, LoL.
    It's time to decide what's more important here. If you choose the income, for now at least, then I think you need to adapt to what is (obviously) not going to be changing anytime soon. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. Dad is either not willing or not able to acquiesce to your demands.
    If you choose to lay your foot down, then you are right in that you need to say in a no-nonsense manner "THIS IS NOT WORKING. THIS IS HOW IT WILL BE.... IF YOU ARE NOT HERE BY.... THEN I AM NOT ABLE CARE FOR....". And then stick to it!!
    Good luck my dear, and keep up the great work. The first year of this business has one of the steepest learning curves I have ever seen, but it gets better and better. Keep us posted!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    So let us know if he shows up on time today !!!!

Outgoing
    I actually closed the daycare today. Both boys are super duper sick. But I will definitely let you know on Tuesday