Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sugar!

jec
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    LOL ~ just in case you do not know my guess is that Freuin up there with his or her link is a spammer ~ new member, low post count, posts in threads that are old, does not add new info and than posts links that make NO SENSE to the topic ...Ft Lauderale Botox???? That link will not take you to any research about sugar but most likely a phishing site that downloads a spam virus of some sort or just allows them to earn income for any 'hit' the site gets regardless of WHY ... evil spammers!
    I scratched my head at that post too and didn't click on it - thankfully. I never even thought of that.....really- who makes their purpose to do that other than doinks!!

Euphoric !
    It also makes no sense because there is sugar in lots of foods and while you can give up adding suguar to stuff cold turkey it is almost impossible to give it up totally except for fruit without mentioning that you have to make everything from scratch and that yeast for bread won't rise without sugar etc.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroomama View Post
    For me, the reason I don't serve juice to the dck's or to my own kids (except occassionally for a treat) has a few parts. First of all, it is very concentrated...I think a glass of orange juice is made from something like 6 oranges...which you would never sit down and eat in one sitting! So it is a lot of sugar even if it is a natural sugar. Also, they are then missing the fiber part that comes with the actual fruit. Also, when they drink juice, it tends to fill them up and doesn't leave enough space for more nutritious foods in the tummies. I have seen parents give their kids a glass of juice and then wonder why they won't eat dinner and their behaviour goes out of wack. I am certainly not a fanatic and the occassional glass of juice here and there is fine in my opinion, but on a daily basis I just don't see the need for it.
    Yup...this exactly! I don't serve juice and rather both my own children and the dck get their intake of water, and then eat their fruit instead of drink it. Water is a very important "non food group" that many people don't get enough of so I try to promote it and have kids enjoy drinking water instead of something that is always flavored.

As for the sugar, I serve a lot of organics and it's made with sugar cane or honey for sweetening usually. When I bake, I use apple sauce or brown sugar to sweeten but I don't bake a ton. I rarely feed junky type sweets...well, sweets period really.
    Last edited by fruitloop; 07-26-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/