Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    We're making sunflowers. Paperplates painted brown with a picture of each child in the middle. The petals are their handprints in yellow. A green stem and the stem leaves are a cutout of their footprint. Stole the idea from my own daughter's preschool

Outgoing
    I think I am just going to have the kids paint their moms a picture. A little lame I know, but my dck's are only 14 months (twin brothers) as the other little one I have is not here this week. Plus, my kids were in the hospital from Saturday to Tuesday so I had to close the daycare down and just reopened yesterday and had no time to prepare a nice craft like I had planned. I do have some great ideas now for next year thanks to you ladies!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleigh View Post
    I think I am just going to have the kids paint their moms a picture. A little lame I know, but my dck's are only 14 months (twin brothers) as the other little one I have is not here this week. Plus, my kids were in the hospital from Saturday to Tuesday so I had to close the daycare down and just reopened yesterday and had no time to prepare a nice craft like I had planned. I do have some great ideas now for next year thanks to you ladies!
    If you want something quick, do hand and footprint magnets. I pained their hands and feet and put them onto a felt board and then just added a couple pieces of magnet to the back. They can put them on the fridge at home and its something personal. The little ones loved having their hands and feet painted Not as messy either when you paint them instead of them dipping or standing in the paint.

Outgoing
    I love your idea, but my craft supplies are a little low right now. If I can get someone to go to the store for me and get some magnets, I do have some foam pieces that may work. Thanks for the idea!

I had an inspiration from something one of my 2 year old DCBs said the other day."I love my momma more than ice cream". I had a bunch of beads (alphabet and otherwise) and cord...so we threaded bracelets (some ended up being necklaces ) with the sayings they came up with. "my momma's my best friend". "my mom's heart stickers say she loves me" " momma tickle me funny" "momma pretty". For the non-talkers I had them pick out the beads and just put "I love my momma". We also finger painted plant pots, planted flowers in them and they decorated the plain gift bag it all goes into. God Bless the Dollar Store!!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Expansive...
    Dreamalittledream -- that is sooooo cute and sweet. Love those things the kids said

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Okay, so here's what I ended up doing. I had foam flowers from the dollar store and I printed out a poem and glued them to the center of the flower. Then I used a green pipe cleaner to make a stem and a little leaf and attached it to the flower. I then attached the flower to a piece of construction paper and painted the kids hands and put their hand prints on the paper and then wrote "Happy Mother's Day" Love, XXXXX
    Here's the poem I used (Im sure you've seen it before):
    Sometimes you get discouraged
    Because I am so small
    And always leave my fingerprints
    On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing -
    I'll be grown some day
    And all those tiny handprints
    Will surely fade away.

So here's a little handprint
    Just so you can recall
    Exactly how my fingers looked
    When I was very small.

I thought the flower was fitting for the growing part of the poem.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleigh View Post
    Okay, so here's what I ended up doing. I had foam flowers from the dollar store and I printed out a poem and glued them to the center of the flower. Then I used a green pipe cleaner to make a stem and a little leaf and attached it to the flower. I then attached the flower to a piece of construction paper and painted the kids hands and put their hand prints on the paper and then wrote "Happy Mother's Day" Love, XXXXX
    Here's the poem I used (Im sure you've seen it before):
    Sometimes you get discouraged
    Because I am so small
    And always leave my fingerprints
    On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing -
    I'll be grown some day
    And all those tiny handprints
    Will surely fade away.

So here's a little handprint
    Just so you can recall
    Exactly how my fingers looked
    When I was very small.

I thought the flower was fitting for the growing part of the poem.
    I just got a mothers day craft with this same exact poem from my son's class ....so cute. got his handprints too very goopy handprints.

Euphoric !
    I am such a sap.... that poem makes me cry, EVERY TIME.

Expansive...
    IMG02486-20120509-1412.jpg561191_10150778604042271_510947270_9599977_1940240645_n.jpg

We did the handprint 'garden' and a card for mommy.
    I wrote in the poem out and the kiddies put stickers and coloured it.....just ignore my Gr.5 handwritting! LOL

Got one mom all teary so I think it was a sucess!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!