Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Mothers Day Crafts.... Ideas?

I havent planned what I'm going to do yet... any ideas? Kids ages from 5.5 - 8 years old...

I was going to ask the same...except my age range is 1-4 years old (hense my challenge)... Should I do a different craft dep. on age?
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

We are making Shrinky Dink charm bracelets ... my crew is under 1 - 6 years of age.

Inked up hand prints on the shrinky dink paper of all the kids and I cut those out do to the detail needed and the paper being 'thick' .... than everyone but the under 1 friend stamped some butterflies and flowers on additional shrinky dink paper and punched those out with my punches so that was 'their part' of that. Punched holes in all of the cut out shape and baked em in the oven to shrink.

Bought some jewellery cord and closures and some faux pearl beads this weekend. Today we will be beading them together - my under 1 sibling will do his part for him cause mom only needs one bracelet anyway so it will have both their hand prints on it. I will help attach the closure ends for them.

We are also making paper flowers in a paper vase, paper gift purse to put their bracelets in and a homemade card.

We do an annual Mother's Day Spa hour ... so Friday we invite the moms to come for a manicure and back or foot massage and feed them iced tea and bite size treats we will make this week and serve on my 'fancy 3 tier tea tray'.... they've been practicing the manicures and massages on each other all last week it is too cute!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    We do an annual Mother's Day Spa hour ... so Friday we invite the moms to come for a manicure and back or foot massage and feed them iced tea and bite size treats we will make this week and serve on my 'fancy 3 tier tea tray'.... they've been practicing the manicures and massages on each other all last week it is too cute!
    . That is the sweetest, most amazing idea!!!

~Anonymous~

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    We are painting pots to put our hens and chicks plants in . We also made gift tags. I find father's day tricky to make something for....

Expansive...
    Picture frames with a pic of there child at daycare. The kids paint the frames and decorate with beads, jewels, butterflies etc..

apples and bananas
    We did a handmade card with the handprint on it. (not so easy with 2 one yr olds)

And painted a pot, we'll plant gerbera daisy's in the pot this week and send them home with the card.

I went with the painted clay pot because I have kids between the ages of 1 and 5. It was something everyone could do, either with fingers or brushes.

I'm anxious to see what everyone has planned for fathers day too. That's the one I'm nervous about.

Fathers day...hmm...what about dark colored T-shirts or hats decorated by the kids with fabric paint?

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    For Mother's Day we are making paper cones with tissue paper flowers in them, little purses with candies in them, picture frames with pictures of robins (made from their footprint) and grass & sky painted around the bird, terra cotta pots that they paint themselves and flowers on coloured popsicle sticks pushed into modelling clay with little stones glued on the top. Also, a homemade card shaped like a strawberry with the poem 'Mom, you are berry special and sweet. It's true! Have a happy Mother's Day because I love you.'

I think the best Father's Day present was from a few years ago when I asked the Moms to provide a white tshirt that would fit the Dad and using fabric paint we put footprints on the front with the saying, 'Dad lets me walk all over him' and handprints on the back with the saying, '#1 Dad, hands down'.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    For Mother's Day we are making paper cones with tissue paper flowers in them, little purses with candies in them, picture frames with pictures of robins (made from their footprint) and grass & sky painted around the bird, terra cotta pots that they paint themselves and flowers on coloured popsicle sticks pushed into modelling clay with little stones glued on the top. Also, a homemade card shaped like a strawberry with the poem 'Mom, you are berry special and sweet. It's true! Have a happy Mother's Day because I love you.'

I think the best Father's Day present was from a few years ago when I asked the Moms to provide a white tshirt that would fit the Dad and using fabric paint we put footprints on the front with the saying, 'Dad lets me walk all over him' and handprints on the back with the saying, '#1 Dad, hands down'.
    I think those robin footprints are one of the most-raved-about crafts we have done all year. They look really good once they are done

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post: