Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    apples and bananas
    Yup, I read that under my local public health as well. I don't think I would send my child to daycare if they have open sores on their face or hands. I think that's cause for keeping them home any day. Well, I'm glad mom was so quick to find a solution to pick her up. I feel a little bad that I sent a child home and I was wrong in the diagnosis, but I'm a daycare provider, not a doctor. I made the best call for my daycare.

Euphoric !
    We had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease two summers ago at daycare and the carrier is a boy who never actually gets sick or shows symptoms so it wasn't his parent's fault that he brought it in. The next two children who caught it had extremely high fevers for a few days and the spots showed up on them. So I followed my fever and open sore policies as stated in my contract and they all ended up being out of daycare for just a few days. Except for the carrier boy who never gets a fever or anything bad. I wish we all had immune systems like that little guy!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    Yup, I read that under my local public health as well. I don't think I would send my child to daycare if they have open sores on their face or hands. I think that's cause for keeping them home any day. Well, I'm glad mom was so quick to find a solution to pick her up. I feel a little bad that I sent a child home and I was wrong in the diagnosis, but I'm a daycare provider, not a doctor. I made the best call for my daycare.
    What was the fianal outcome? I had a daycare parent call me last night to tell me her DD has it. She was in care only yesterday and got the blisters last night. I disenfected EVERYTHING last night and pray no one else will get it.

apples and bananas
    turned out to just be a virus. A fever for 2 days then a rash for a few days and that's it. No blisters. All of my daycare kids had it including my own son and step daughter. It wasn't too bad, the fever made them uncomfortable, but the rash didn't bother them at all. I hope you can stop it right away, so you don't loose too much time with the kids.

Starting to feel at home...
    THanks for all the info. I have 3 kids sick with HFMD and they're all at home. Luckily, my daughter didn't get it. I will develop my own policy and send an email to all parents stating that a doctor's note is required for them to be able to return.