Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Do i need any courses to open my day care?

Hi,
    I want to know if they have A formation whish need to be completed before my openning? Do they have online formation ? Thanks

Euphoric !
    Hi Lollipop I also live in Orleans. In Ontario you have two options when opening your daycare. You can be private and care for 5 children under the age of 10 plus your own children. Or you can contract with an agency that help place children in your home and provide guidelines for your home. A good option if you wish to be private is to join the Child Care Providers Resource Network and attend one of their start up sessions where they will go over all the things needed to get started including making a contract, etc. You can see their website here: www.ccprn.com

When you are private there really aren't a lot of rules you need to follow. You will need to create your own paperwork to use with the families in care. It is nice to be able to set your own rules for sure but yes it does make it a lot harder to know what to do to get started.

Think about a child's normal day - snack time, lunch, naptime, outside play, quiet play, dressup, arts and crafts, etc. and then plan how you are going to handle each of those things in the way you set up your home. Think about things like where will the children hang their coats, keep their extra sets of clothes or diapers, what kind of meals you will be serving and the gather the things you will need to do that.

By the way I live near in the Fallingbrook area near St. Peter's High School.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Thanks for all the info
    I red, on a ontario gouv. Web site, that the 5 kids included mine if they are under 6 yrs old. Is it right, because I red a lot of different version...? Thanks

Outgoing
    No, if you are private (not with an agency like wee watch etc) you can have 5 children plus your own. Agencies follow the day nursery act rules and the ratios are no more than 2 under 2, 3 under 3 etc and the five children includes your own.

Do you know if there is resource in the GTA like the ccprn? Or would you know of anybody who could assist me in finding that info?
    Working for my family by helping other families

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollipop View Post
    Hi,
    I want to know if they have A formation whish need to be completed before my openning? Do they have online formation ? Thanks
    Hi. Please search better, so far as I know you can open privately and have 5 children max only two under two and your own YES counts in the group if he/she is under 5 or 6. Your child won't count if she/he goes to jk or sk programs.

Also, starting is not hard. You can join ccprn.com and start going to their workshops (start building up your professional portfolio). The benefit of starting is that you won't get filled 100% right away usually it takes time but, that allows you to set your program as it grows.

Currently there are agencies in Ottawa that are sharing their license for "free" if you have all your program set up.

Anyway, with an agency or not. You still need to be professional or it won't attract parents, you need to follow basic safety procedures (ex. First aid cpr, police check, etc) I will keep posting more inf.

Shy
    Peacefulbird, not to discount what you just posted, but the previous post bumped up a thread from 2012 and it's spam - see the discreet link for 'help with an assignment' ? I mostly only lurk here but notice there are more of these spam posts lately. They do this to drive traffic to various websites. These posts are very sneaky because they can look legit, but the pattern is that they are from newly created accounts with very few posts and they contain discreet links to random websites.
    Thought I would post this in hopes that others seeing them report them like I do.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
    Peacefulbird, not to discount what you just posted, but the previous post bumped up a thread from 2012 and it's spam - see the discreet link for 'help with an assignment' ? I mostly only lurk here but notice there are more of these spam posts lately. They do this to drive traffic to various websites. These posts are very sneaky because they can look legit, but the pattern is that they are from newly created accounts with very few posts and they contain discreet links to random websites.
    Thought I would post this in hopes that others seeing them report them like I do.
    Thank you cndgirl, I have not even noticed the date. Wow. I'll be careful. Thank you again.