Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shy

Getting unwanted responses to my Craigslist Ad for my home childcare services

Hello Ladies,
    I have recently posted an ad on craigslist and have only had unwanted responses from people who spam or fraudulent mail. When I created my Ad I placed my e-mail as visible not "hide" or "invisible" to make my Ad more legit. Since, I have had to shut down this e-mail and create a new one. What can I do to avoid many unwanted fraudulent e-mails to get into my inbox? So frustrating! Also, I noticed some of you work other jobs to keep income coming into your household. What jobs would be good and legit to look into that I can do for a few hours in the evening? Thanks for your help!

apples and bananas
    I posted on craigslist too and all i got was spam as well. I stick to Kijiji... I haven't had anything unwanted there.

Starting to feel at home... little rascals's Avatar
    I dont use Craigslist at all. I stay away from that site. Kijiji works best for me too.

Outgoing
    I don't use Craigslist at all and only ever once used kijiji (got tired of everyone trying to barter for daycare services on kijiji) so now all my responses pretty much come from this site and word of mouth

Euphoric !
    I don't use craigslist either and only occassionally get spam from my kijiji ads.

Euphoric !
    Don't use craigslist for the same reasons. Never had anyone positive from there anyways.

Ya - I have never used Craigslist cause I have never heard anything 'good' about it ... and the fact the media portrays it as a place pedophiles and rapists use to scout victims does not help either

Personally I do not publish my email address anywhere online ... my website says 'click here to contact me' and the word here is a link to being up an email box, on Kijiji you have to click respond to the ad for it to come up and so forth .... when you publish an email address online such as janedoe@hotmail.com there are bot programs people have whose sole purpose is to scour the internet seeking 'email addresses' and spamming them with email - it is not even a HUMAN doing it cause the program detects the @ and .com and goes from there on an autopilot to record the address and add it to the spam list
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Strangely, nearly all of my website traffic comes from craigslist. I have never been spammed, but I do not put my email address on the ad as I have a website with a form submission for getting in touch with me.

Euphoric !
    Have not used Craigslist, as I haven't heard good things, either.

Shy
    Criagslist has been horrible for me. Alll scams, and many. Will never post on there again.