Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    apples and bananas

The one day fever

I have had 3 kids in the last 4 days come down with the same fever. They spike to 102 without any warning. It comes down with tylenol or advil. They might spike again once the meds wear off. They all have a great sleep at night then wake with a low grade fever that eventually fades away. No throwing up, diarhea, maybe a minor cough, barely a runny nose. Just a fever. Anyone else have this going through their daycare?

Euphoric !
    If there was any hint of a rash especially one that looked like heat rash I would say roseola because that is how it acts.

But a virus is a funny thing. It just does it's work and that is it. Since everyone "had the same thing" the doctor's usually just label it the work of a virus.

Starting to feel at home...
    I had the same thing here in Southern Ontario as well, but with lots of runny noses and high fevers. It has taken about three weeks to make its way through my family and the daycare kids.

Euphoric !
    My own two kids just had that, but they also then came down with incredibly sore throats...we thought it was strep throat...now they have bumpy rashes on their hands and feet and sores in their mouths...teh doctor wasn't sure if it was Hand Foot and Mouth disease, but it seems like it...will wait to see the regular doctor tomorrow. The moral of this story is, fevers can appear before the other symptoms of an illness, so I would definitely exlude the kids from care if they have fevers!

apples and bananas
    Wow 3 weeks? Its been one kid after another since Wednesday and it floats through them as fast as it came. One Wed, Thurs, Friday and now mine on Sunday.

The first one was the only one with the rash, it's clearing up now. She did see a doctor and the doctor said it was just a virus, nothing specific.

Just something going around I guess. Poor kids. At least it's making it's way through fast. Here's hopeing I'm not next!

Euphoric !
    The good news is a lot of those strange viruses seem to be kid specific meaning we likely had our share as kids too and now have immunity. And unfortunately these viruses are spread before we know anyone has an illness to spread so there is no way to protect against it or to stop it once it has started. Here's hoping it keeps on going fast and out of there for you.

Starting to feel at home...
    Yep, my son spiked a fever for about a day and a half a couple weeks ago (about 102), no other symptons. My daughters started last Tues in the middle of the night (got up to 103.8!!) and was done by Thursday morning, again no other symptoms.... weird eh?

apples and bananas
    So, just in case anyone is following this. All three children broke out in a minor rash 2 days after the one day fever dropped. It didn't blister and wasn't itchy, there was very little aggrevation to the kids. I think it must be out of the house now (knock on wood) as all the little ones are clearing up and none of the big ones have gotten it.

Euphoric !
    A rash after a fever is usually Roseola. Go ahead and google that and you'll see that it's nothing to worry about. That's my experience anyway. I hope these fevers are gone forever from your daycare apples!

Euphoric !
    Roseaola usually only effects the little ones which explains why your older ones didn't get it - most probably had it even if you don't realize they had it when little. Roseola is sometimes called baby measles just because the rash looks similar to measles and effects babies more than older kids.