Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Outside; easy as pie...3 cheers!!

It just came to me how easy our outside journey has been lately with the mild weather...6 kids, plop goes the sunscreen, shoes and hat and voila...OUTSIDE! Hip hip horraay! Just thought I'd share my little happy moment
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Oh I so this time of year for the ease of getting out and about - and well just the ability to be out that much LONGER!

We had snack outside this morning at the park and played than walked over to the local playgroup for an hour to get out of the sun for a bit and than had a picnic lunch under a tree in the yard finished up with some stories and finger puppets under there too and than inside for nap ... got the yard set up with some water activities for this afternoon - spray bottles, buckets with soapy water to wash the vehicles with and water and paint in buckets to 'paint the fence'.... should keep em busy!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

apples and bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    Oh . got the yard set up with some water activities for this afternoon - spray bottles, buckets with soapy water to wash the vehicles with and water and paint in buckets to 'paint the fence'.... should keep em busy!
    hmmm... tell me about painting the fence. Sounds interesting. i love this time of year too, but how do you control the water outside? don't they get soaked?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

When I set out an in invitation like water and I do not want them to get soaked I just remind them "we are not in our bathing suits so water stays XYZ" insert in bucket or on the fence in this case. If they do not follow that directive they are done and sent somewhere else to play ... Kids learn quick if they want to engage in the activity they follow the rules.

With the squirt bottles today and washing toys they got damp by accident but not enough to need changing - I always have their extra clothes handy if clients wanted em changed.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    Isn't it great when snowsuit and splashpants and mitts and gloves are not needed! I was happy to go out at 9am this morning and all we needed was hats, not even sweaters. It didn't take us a half hour to get ready, so wonderful.