Everything out there for parents tells them to interview as many people as possible so it may be that parents are interviewing caregivers that they don't think are a good fit right off the bat but are doing it just to be sure. And of course there is the parents that are simply overwhelmed and are interviewing everyone because they don't know what they are looking for.

When I have an interview I will mention it to the families that I am using as references just to give them a heads up. Then the next morning I will let them know how the interview went and mention any area that I sensed the family needs to be told about which could be things like how my special needs daughter gets along with the kids or that it is a new mom concerned about continuing breastfeeding so will mention that to a mom that did so they can be reassuring. My parents then tell me after they have received a call and how they think it went. There have even been families I thought were ok till the report back had them asking some red flag questions of my references. By being upfront with my parents about the process - the idea here is that we are as a collective group interviewing for someone to join the daycare family it also gives me an idea of who is interested and what the timelines are. If they haven't called my references within the week then there is a really good chance I am not on their list anymore.