Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar

Heartfelt thanks!

I thank you all! I did insist the child was seen by the doctor and requested any input he could provide. The father came back and said the doctor said the little boy was fine except that he had a swollen arm. Nothing about the other symptoms! The father said that the doctor was sending his child to see a Pediatrician but only for the arm. I was really stunned. But then he added that the doctor had agreed to include a note to suggest the new doctor also check the developmental side of things but he made it sound like it was their special request, not a 'real' issue. I believe trust is one of the things that make it possible for us to care for another person's child and I have lost all trust in this family. I have decided to ask them to leave. I don't think I will ever get the truth from them. My personal opinion is that the little boy is experiencing chronic pain, and that is what is slowing him down. Anything that made my face frequently swell and feel hot would sure slow me down! I hope that the root cause is teething because it will pass as his teeth arrive. I also hope the new doctor can come up with a sound strategy for pain management!!! Thanks again....

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonlady3 View Post
    I thank you all! I did insist the child was seen by the doctor and requested any input he could provide. The father came back and said the doctor said the little boy was fine except that he had a swollen arm. Nothing about the other symptoms! The father said that the doctor was sending his child to see a Pediatrician but only for the arm. I was really stunned. But then he added that the doctor had agreed to include a note to suggest the new doctor also check the developmental side of things but he made it sound like it was their special request, not a 'real' issue. I believe trust is one of the things that make it possible for us to care for another person's child and I have lost all trust in this family. I have decided to ask them to leave. I don't think I will ever get the truth from them. My personal opinion is that the little boy is experiencing chronic pain, and that is what is slowing him down. Anything that made my face frequently swell and feel hot would sure slow me down! I hope that the root cause is teething because it will pass as his teeth arrive. I also hope the new doctor can come up with a sound strategy for pain management!!! Thanks again....
    I think that you made a great decision in letting this family go, trust is a big aspect inthis business and if it is lost by either the parent OR the provider then the relationship will not work.

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    Thanks for the support...it has been a tough decision.