Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Favourite Recipes from your Dayhome Meals

Hi Everyone,
    So just to add to the continuation of posting weekly meals, I was hoping maybe some of you wanted to post some of your favourite recipes. I saw a lot of casseroles in many people's menu lists so thought those could be really good, or one pot meals or something like that and other "bulk" foods that you can make a lot of and have as left overs? I'm sure we would appreciate anything though! Thanks! (I will try to post one too a little later just gotta think of what

Not really a recipe but I love my 'toddler trail mix' creations. I have 3 different mixtures in Tupperware containers ready for a quick snack (also portable to grab quick to take to the park). I keep applesauce/fruit cups & serve it in them...this way if any get lost at the park...I have a zillion of them.
    Stuff in the mixes: any kind of cereal/granola, raisins, dried fruit, fish or mini-wheat crackers, Yogos, nuts...the list is endless.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

A fav for my kids is scalloped potatoes with ham (I also throw some broccoli in) or also make their own pizzas.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I have picky eaters so I serve a lot of the same food every week but try to mix it up as much as I can. I make home-made french fried potatoes & sweet potatoes by cutting them fresh and shaking them in a ziplock bag in some olive oil and seasoning then bake them on a cookie sheet for about 1/2 an hour. The children LOVE these and they are quick and easy. Almost everything I serve is simple since I have a boy who won't eat food-that-touches, so after Sept. when he goes to JK I can finally get more adventurous.