Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Pickiest eater.... EVER

Some of the foods this child has turned down (and they have only been here for 3 weeks, 3 days a week!!):

Fruit (won't touch any, even strawberries and apples)
    Spaghetti (and it had my cheater sauce, basically just a jar of sauce and a little ground beef. Imagine if I made my "real" sauce, with loads of meat, zuchini and a bunch of other veggies!)
    Oatmeal cookies
    Vanilla pudding
    Chicken fingers (he ate one and a half, but c'mon)
    Pretty much all vegetables except baby carrots (which he might eat 3 of?)
    Apple pie
    Buns with butter

And that's just off the top of my head. **sigh**
    I don't need any advice, I will continue to make what I make, and serve it. He can eat it or not, his choice. But, man alive.... I HATE scraping food into the garbage. It's like I'm watching my money disappear.
    Just a vent, that is all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Oh I know; I too have one...I've had him for almost a year now (he's almost 2). Funny thing as well, he will eat things here (watermelon) but refuses to eat it at home? He too refuses to eat things every kids loves: Apples/applesauce, pasta, any bread if it's not white...the list is endless. I keep offering what every kid gets...& I know the kid must be starving?!?! I've just learned to start with very tiny portions; not as painful to see go in the garbage.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

jec
    I hate throwing away food as well....such a waste. I always serve little and offer more for this reason- drives me
    Hope your little one comes around

Outgoing
    I have one like this too. Used to be a good eater apparently, but will only eat fruit at my house.

Euphoric !
    The bread, oatmeal cookies etc is like one I have that won't eat anything soft - eats toast but not bread. He absolutely hates my homemade cookies - won't even pick out the chocolate chips because I detest hard cookies so make the yummy homemade soft kind - oh well I like them.

Expansive...
    I have one too!!! She has n extremely short list of food shell eat:
    1) Cheese- but only sometimes, and only if it's orange
    2) Bread or other plain carbs ( even goldfish crackers are "too yucky")
    3) Chicken Nuggets
    4) Scrambled Eggs
    5) Dry plain cereal

I know she eats a lot of crap at home, and wouldn't touch a veggie or fruit to save her life. Most if not all her meals get thrown out and she will go an entire day and not eat a single bite. When she first started, she used to ask me every day for McDonalds for lunch but she's smartened up realizing that what she's served is what she's getting!

Euphoric !
    I have some who are picky at home, but most of them eat most things for me. However, they all started with me quite young, so that really helps. I dread getting an older child into care who has already developed picky eating habits. I have an almost 3 year old who won't eat sauce on his pasta at home, but I don't give him a choice and guess what...he eats it! I know you are doing this as well, so that must be frustrating! Did the child start with you at a later age (ie. not 12 months)?

Euphoric !
    He's 5... and they are only here until the end of the school year.
    So I will grit my teeth and bear it! And definitely serve SMALL portions. Either that, or make french toast every day. He ate 4 pieces of it last week!

Expansive...
    This is my 3yr old!!
    She will only eat:
    - PB&J sandwich and crust must be cut off
    - Nutella sandwich
    - hungarian salami sandwich
    - mac'n'cheese
    - oatmeal

THATS IT!!

I made a tuna sandwich yesterday for lunch and she just sat there and looked at it. If pasta is red sauce she wont touch it. She doens't touch meat....one day last week as a treat I gave them Pizza Pockets and she gagged!!! Mom admitted that she sits with her on the couch and feeds her the food while she watches tv. Um no...you're 3 sit on your chair and feed yourself. Parents are clueless....I'd like to see how she's going to handle school next year!?
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    It's so nice to know you aren't suffering alone isn't it? I have the boy who won't eat combined foods of any kind, not even a sandwich. I have the little girl who will only eat french fries, corn and pepper strips and NO other veggies, but thank goodness she loves fruit.