Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fathers Day craft great idea!

Choo choo massage shirt! Basically, it's train tracks drawn on the back of one of Dads Tshirts & the kids drive their trains over the tracks giving Dad a back massage. Here is the link...http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2012/...e-t-shirt.html
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

jec
    That is so cute!!
    I have the father's day gift for my daycare kids already but, not for our own kids to give to their Daddy. This is it!! Thanks for sharing

Expansive...
    Thats too cute! LOL

Here's a few more:

http://pinterest.com/pin/227713324878504354/

http://pinterest.com/pin/227713324878422069/

The last one I saw was cute if you have more than one child you paint on there feet: We love (heart symbol) you DAD or heart U DAD with the kids feet all together. It was cute!

Expansive...
    We made these t-shirts

http://pinterest.com/pin/166914729909936492/

but I found this yesterday and think it is so cute and simple and cheaper than the tees http://pinterest.com/pin/166914729909975215/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spixie33 View Post
    We made these t-shirts

http://pinterest.com/pin/166914729909936492/

but I found this yesterday and think it is so cute and simple and cheaper than the tees http://pinterest.com/pin/166914729909975215/
    The pop for pop is super cute, especially for older kids. Definitley what I will be doing with my children for my hubbie.

I soooo love PINTEREST

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I bought little wooden treasure chests at the dollar store and the children painted them. Then we pasted the children's pictures inside the bottom of the chest and put scrunched up bits of gold paper over the pictures. Then we put in a little card that says 'Aaaaargh, pirate Daddy, enjoy your treasure chest filled with gold nuggets but look closely to find your greatest treasure ever, Love ......"

A couple of years ago I had the Moms provide white tshirts and we put handprints on the front with fabric paint and I wrote #1 Dad Hands Down. Then we put the children's footprints on the back and I wrote 'Dad lets me walk all over him.' Those were a huge hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    I bought little wooden treasure chests at the dollar store and the children painted them. Then we pasted the children's pictures inside the bottom of the chest and put scrunched up bits of gold paper over the pictures. Then we put in a little card that says 'Aaaaargh, pirate Daddy, enjoy your treasure chest filled with gold nuggets but look closely to find your greatest treasure ever, Love ......"

A couple of years ago I had the Moms provide white tshirts and we put handprints on the front with fabric paint and I wrote #1 Dad Hands Down. Then we put the children's footprints on the back and I wrote 'Dad lets me walk all over him.' Those were a huge hit.
    awesome ideas!!! Any tips on successful footprints/handprints on T-shirts where there's less margin for error (not that I'm expecting perfection at all...but hopefully not one big unrecognizeable smudge)?

~Anonymous~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I would say make sure the tshirt is pulled tightly in 4 corners to prevent (many) smudges lol
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Dream, I stretched the tshirt over a really big book so that it didn't go through to the other side and put it on the floor. I had the paint in a pieplate beside the tshirt and had the child hold onto my kitchen cupboards while I manipulated their feet from the paint to the tshirt to the soapy water bucket all side by side. You have to also make sure you just have a nice little smooth layer of paint so you get smooth coverage. I did some test runs on some paper before we did the tshirt.

Painting the hands and feet works well too but the patience level of the children is something you have to consider because that takes longer.