Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    I have only been in a couple of times as I brought a lot of stuff with me when we moved to Ottawa. But I did see something interesting at their website link the last time I was checking on cots - need new nap mats, cots, crib mattresses haven't made up my mind yet. Anyways it looked like you could order online and if your amount was over a certain amount they delivered in Ottawa for free. Like I said gotta go check that out again. The advantage besides the time saver is that you are less likely to pick up a few extra things while you are there. Here is the link:

http://www.allaboutkids.info/

Starting to feel at home...
    Playfelt: I bought daycare cots from Children's Universe in Kanata (brand new cots in the box) for $30each. Standard size. Very nice! That was the best price I found within Ottawa.

EDIT: sorry, the cots were $40 each..
    Last edited by agesandstagesdaycare; 02-11-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    RE: All About Kids

I do find that their prices are a bit on the expensive side, mainly because the store is intended for centres. If you take the time to look around you might find the same toys for less. I do about 3 trips to All About Kids a year for the convinience of the learning supplies all being in one store.

Re: Children's Universe??? Please tell me more, what kind of store is it?

Children's Universe is a daycare centre. They buy daycare cots in bulk and sell for $40 each to the public. Here's the website: http://www.childrensuniverse.net/supplies.html
    They also sell daycare chairs and tables.

SOrry, they sell for $40 each not $30.. I did buy three from them and they charged $100. Pretty good deal.

All About Kids - in the East End of Ottawa - http://www.allaboutkids.info

What I have heard from daycare providers (friends of mine) that it's a warehouse (like a store) of most of the items that they have from their catalog. Some things you might have to order. Check out their website. It seems their prices are decent considering the quality of the items are good.

Have to get out there soon to buy a cot for my soon to be potty training girl!

Euphoric !
    Wow that is a good price. I am really interested and would like to get 5 and then I have what I could ever need even though it is rare to have all 5 on mats. The problem with mats is they tend to roll off. I use crib mattresses right now but they are very bulky to store and held together with tape and mac tac right now so beyond their time. I thought the cots would be better at keeping the children in their space as in rolled to the centre as that is what I had heard when I asked on another group I am on for opinions of mats or cots.

Avron (www.avronforkids.com) has a set of 5 for $189.99 but there would be shipping on top of that.

Thank you so much for the link for the cots.

Playfelt - no problem! I'm thrilled with the quality of them. Good luck!

Shy
    Hello all I am not so new. I have been on for about 2 weeks now. I am from Ottawa too. Been operating my home child care for 9 years. I have had my share of extremely enjoying this to burnt out what do i do to yeah rejuvenation from attending workshops and new clients. I really hope to learn more from new and experience Providers alike. Cheers to you all.

Euphoric !
    What part of Ottawa do you live in? I am in Orleans. Are you a member of the CCPRN too.

Shy
    Hi, I am close to St Laurent Boulevard I was a couple weeks ago .... have to send in my renewal fee. Have a great day!