Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Crayola, this parent might as well have walked into your house this morning and said 'Oh by the way, I now expect YOU to toilet train my child as quickly as possible and I'm not helping.'

I don't think so!!!

Euphoric !
    Ya that was kinda the gist of it but they are also very young parents and I don't think they really have any idea of what to do. She said she is a bit nervous of getting this done so I gave her a few tips and some pointers of getting him started. So I'm confident she'll be able to do it this summer.

Euphoric !
    I'm glad they are willing to listen to your advice, that shows lots of promise! Hey, I was a Mom at age 19 and I was so naive and stupid, so I can relate to being a young parent who relies on good advice. They are lucky to have you and it's always great when you work together as a team - that's my motto.

Euphoric !
    Ya mom of 4 I was a young parent too ... I had my first at 23 so ive been there too.... And they are very nice people and good parents and the little boy is very sweet .... He's just not ready to go potty yet ; )

Euphoric !
    I am glad that you told her openly and honestly what you were thinking.
    I currently have a 2 1/2 year old that is "potty training". He has success on the potty (will pee and has pooped too), but NOT ONCE has he been the one to initiate it. When asked if he has to go, it's always "No." But if I take him, he will go almost without fail.
    At first mom and dad wanted me to take him about every hour. I tried it, since he was the only one I had in care other than my own kids. But I found that if I didn't catch him with the right timing, he would pee a little in the pull up, and then pee a little in the potty. Essentially he was peeing small amounts every half hour or so. That can't be good??
    So I am asking him, and taking him less often. I feel like I want to say something to mom and dad, but is it overstepping? How do I offer my "helpful advice", LoL?

Euphoric !
    You could say something like ..... If I just take him and put him on he goes but he never announces that he has to go does he announce at home? Then laugh and say cause this is not a trained child this is a trained adult....ask them if they use underwear at home so he knows what it feels like to pee his pants .... Usually kids don't put two and two together till they pee themselves cause with pull ups it's really the same as a diaper. Suggest to them when they/you go on holidays they go hard core with him ... Underpants only except for sleeping. Some kids are only too happy to wear a diaper, and some parents are only too happy to leave their kids in diapers ... Cause let's face it when the kids announces they have to pee we have to listen.