Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thoughts on a wagon sign?

I have a choo choo wagon that gets a lot of attention while we're out & about so I thought; why not advertise while I'm at it. I do have a sign with my logo on it but am wondering how to adhere it to my wagon? My husband suggests duct tape...ha ha. Any ideas?
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    Haha! I've thought about doing this too! People just love these wagons! Would double sided tape work? Could you somehow tie it on? Maybe use the seatbelt anchors on the last wagon and tie string around it and attach it to your sign?

Great idea! I'd say double sided tape or heavy duty glue? (if you get a proper sign made that is weather resistant)

I would laminate the sign and adhere magnets to the sign and magnet strip to your wagon - when you are not needing to 'advertize' you can just pull it off and put it away but the 'magnet strip' would remain looking like a 'racing strip' .... I am anal though and duct tape and other forms of adhering with 'tape' leaves a 'residue' that gunk sticks to between uses and over time your Choo choo wagon will get icky looking?

You can also get a magnetic sign from somewhere like Vista print with your logo on it - and adhere it that way and they are meant to be out in 'weather' so you could leave it on and not have to worry about fading by the sun and so forth - I got these for my van and love them!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    I would laminate the sign and adhere magnets to the sign and magnet strip to your wagon - when you are not needing to 'advertize' you can just pull it off and put it away but the 'magnet strip' would remain looking like a 'racing strip' .... I am anal though and duct tape and other forms of adhering with 'tape' leaves a 'residue' that gunk sticks to between uses and over time your Choo choo wagon will get icky looking?

You can also get a magnetic sign from somewhere like Vista print with your logo on it - and adhere it that way and they are meant to be out in 'weather' so you could leave it on and not have to worry about fading by the sun and so forth - I got these for my van and love them!
    . Funny you should mention the magnetic sign from Vista; I do have one (posted on my front door); could easily order another...magnetic racing stripe; fantastic! Agreed; did not want to have the wagon get icky. Thankyou Thankyou!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    What about those 3M mounting tapes that are supposed to come off the wall without leaving residue. Not sure how it works for outside though.