Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Ever Dream of working a different job?

If so,what would you be doing?
    I keep on having days or months where sometimes I'm happy and content with what I'm doing, and then there are those where I daydream and can't wait for the day to come when I know I can stop doing this job because there are always issues that I gotta deal with and I'm just getting so tired and drained from it. I keep on telling myself that all in all its pretty good. I get to stay at home, make a pretty good income, i have extra help, i am appreciated by most parents, i know my kids are safe and eating well and not getting yelled at by someone else. But then there are the long hours, other people's misbehaving kids that you feel guilty about disciplining should you have to, spending so much of your life at home and just surrounding areas, being bored and feeling unappreciated. that i crave doing something else. Like Hairstyling. Something i feel is an easy going job where you can just be yourself, though I'm sure it comes with a handful of complaining customers each day as well. I used to work as an interior decorator for a high end modern furniture store where my job was mainly focused on customer service and sales. Where did you work before and what kind of job do you think you'd get into next if you couldn't take care of children?

I have and it starts in September. I have always wanted to work in a Kindergarten classroom. I am taking the summer off and start my new job in September. It was time, I did homedaycare for 9 years and my Family wants their house back. I loved what this job gave to my family, my girls have never been in daycare, I have contributed financially to my household and my husband has never had to stress about picking up his kids after work. It was hard and it was wonderful I am grateful but also really looking forward to the new challenges ahead ! And new carpets ! Lol.

Euphoric !
    I was a secretary/Marketing Assitant for many years and worked my way into management and then I went to college while raising 4 children, then worked at a medical laboratory for many years.

I wouldn't go back if they paid me a million dollars! I love being self-employed, being the boss, working with the children and great families. I have made a promise to myself that I'm not going to let anybody bring negativity into my life for my remaining days on this earth. I've worked with some of the worst people on the planet, so now I decide who comes into my life and I love it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Is retirement a job? Cause that is what I dream about

I am with Momof4 ... I do not wish to go back into the workforce EVER ... if I change tracks it will be from one self employed option to another ... I have a second home based business selling paper crafting supplies and if I could make a full time income at it I would love to do that 100% of my work week - but I am not aggressive enough with sales to get that kind of income - however my goal is to hopefully build it up enough slowly to be able to make a 'part time income' for when I am in a position to 'semi retire' because my ole body is going to give out on me one of these days and childcare, as much as I love it, is not going to be an option until I am ready to retire 100%....but it is hard to find time to work two jobs sometime even when they are both home based jobs!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    I have my days where I wish I could hide behind a desk for a few minutes when no one is looking. Or I could go for a walk on my lunch. Then I snap back to reality and realize the stress that I was under racing home in traffic to pick up the kids. Always worried when their dad was schedule to pick them up. The race to find someone to replace me on short notice when I got that call from the school to come pick up my child. One day I will go back to the outside working world, but for now, this is where I am happiest.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    Is retirement a job? Cause that is what I dream about
    exactly!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Every freaking day! LOL! I have tons of things that I want to try, i love school, so there are several different careers I'd like to try partly because the education looks interesting to me!

Expansive...
    honestly, it is hard. It is really hard pretty often but, I love it. I love the kids.

Euphoric !
    I'm with you Reggio - after 26 years in this job it is time to focus on retirement - hubby is down to three years before the military kicks him out at age 60 so my years left at this are certainlly numbered.

We want more freedom to come and go as we please and I will ramp up my Story Time Felts sales and do more homeschool conferences and educational PD day displays and stuff I can't do now including some out of town things. Yeah dreaming is fun.....

jec
    I'm not close to retirement and not looking to rush my days away! I love this job and wouldn't and couldn't go back to an office environment.
    Ya, there are days that I wish I was back to wearing suits, dress shoes and having my nails painted but, I am so much more happier and know that I'm making a difference in these little lives.
    I think daycare providers are under valued !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jec For This Useful Post: