Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    They will be recieving a termination letter tomorrow morning. Dad shows up to drop her off this afternoon with daughter with the stuffed unicorn that I purchased for her for her birthday...yes I know too nice, as this is only the 3rd day. I politely tell dad and her that she is not allowed to bring outside toys into the daycare due to jelousey, sharing issues etc... Dad looks at me puzzled, I say it clearly stated in my handbook that this is forbidden. He says oh, I never noticed. hmmm So daughter starts pleading with dad and me to allow it, I hold my ground and sa no. I proceed to tell him that she is having a hard time adjusting to "quite time" and how important it is. I also state, that she complained about her tummy, and refused to do any of the set out "quite activities" He assures me that she will be better. As agreed the mom picks up a little later tonight, as we had agreed upon just for a bit. May I add they tell me this a week prior to thier arrival, that mom need to work late on Thurday nights.We agreed thast dkg would eat a snack with older children at 3:45pm as when the get home from school. Mom picks up about 6:15pm, dkg doesnt want to leave, starts giving mom a bit of a hard time. I say nothing, waiting for mom to hold ground. Mom finally says ok then, I"ll be seeing you next week. I say I dont think thats going to work lol. Then dkg sais well can we go out for dinner? mom looks at me and sais, she hasn't eaten dinner? I say no, she had a snack at 3:45pm. She questions me, oh what time does your family eat dinner? I tell her not until later, after all daycare children are gone. I wanted to scream at this woman, and tell her, wow do you have alot of nerve. Needless to say, termination letter tomorrow will be handed to dad upon arrival!!!!! Never again. Well at least I learned my lesson, never accept a client over the phone from a different province.

Euphoric !
    Yup, bye bye....
    From day one they sent out warning signals. Bless you for giving them a chance, as everyone deserves one. They MAY have been just going through a tumultuous time with the move, etc.
    But there is a continuing air of disrespectful "I'm your boss" mentality here. Good riddance, I say.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Oh I so can't stand the "I'm your boss" mentality! glad you swerved away from any possible prolonged badness....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dayhome Mamma For This Useful Post:

jec
    How did it go when you gave notice?

Shy
    I told the dcg to go play quitely while I talked to her father outside. I handed him the termination letter, and told him that it just wasn't working out. He wanted to know why. I proceeded to just tell him that it "wasn't a good fit" he seemed confused and kept asking me for more details. I really was nervouse, and uncomfortable. I really dint want to tell him the real truth, so I told him that the dcg just was having a hard time staying quiet during quiet time. he proceeded to tell me that was odd becasue the past 3 daycares they never has issues. However I recall him saying that the last daycare she was at, they only need friday care. So really how can you base proper judgement on that. So I guess I took the coward way out, and really down played the real reasons. I just really didnt want to get into an arguement with him about it. I had alreaady had a sleepless night lastnight over it, and was stressed all day until 2pm this afternoon for thier arrival. then the mom coming to pick up at 5:30 was uncomfortable. Again the dcg gave her mom a hard time about leaving even to the point hugging my two daughters over an over agin, to delay leaving. Putting her shoes on super slow etc.. all the while mom just allowing this behaviour. So glad I terminated, however will take careof her until the 31st. So 4 more days

Expansive...
    Sheesh, how uncomfortable!!! I, too, would have a difficult time voicing my reasons...I hate stuff like that!!! I'm so glad I haven't had to terminate yet, I will be terrified of the day it has to happen. Maybe you could email them your reasons to prevent them fro asking you again? lol 4 more days and they will be out of your hair!

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Sheesh, how uncomfortable!!! I, too, would have a difficult time voicing my reasons...I hate stuff like that!!! I'm so glad I haven't had to terminate yet, I will be terrified of the day it has to happen. Maybe you could email them your reasons to prevent them fro asking you again? lol 4 more days and they will be out of your hair!
    Yes it really was not fun, and was my first termination. Oh trust me I so wanted to tell him the truth about everything, however I thought how uncomfortable it will be to happen to run into them at the store one day, becasue you know its gonna happen lol!!! I figured I would just sugar coat it

jec
    I'm only had to terminate one family and it was horrible as it's only normal for them to put their back up and get defensive. ((Hugs))
    Stay strong and confident in your decision and try to look at it a different way to help you get through the next few days. You did what was right for the rest of your daycare kids and your business. This too shall pass

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jec For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    THE LAST 3 DAYCARES????? That says it all right there momof4inpink!!! You did the right thing by terminating. Just try to put it behind you and find a great family to fill the space.