Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Water Safety

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    I sell avon and in Campaign 15 they will have for the first time in Canada Bug Guard Plus w/ Skin So Soft Deet Free, Repels mosquitos & deer ticks
    I saw this product on the Avon.com website but it also is SPF 30 (can get it in one that goes on blue)...can you get it in Canada too?
    Here is the link to it (it's also 50% off!)...
    http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.as...=B&pf_id=36449
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    I saw this product on the Avon.com website but it also is SPF 30 (can get it in one that goes on blue)...can you get it in Canada too?
    Here is the link to it (it's also 50% off!)...
    http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.as...=B&pf_id=36449
    I wanted to get that one too! but sadly NO it's not available in Canada (yet).
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Avon gals... help me out here! For years I have been hearing of people using Skin So Soft to deter bugs. I was given a bottle recently of Avon Skin So Soft Moisturizing Body Spray. It's a pink bottle, smells great (like a perfume that I can't quite place the name of, LoL). Is this the stuff????

PS: I ALWAYS have at least a second pair of eyes when we are playing in the water. It's so scary how quickly that can happen.
    Thanks for the reminder!!

Euphoric !
    Huh... never mind. I just spent a couple minutes browsing the website. I don't even see this product on there. I DO see the Bug Guard stuff. So I presume that's what y'all are talking about.
    Okay then.

I am putting up a 12 ft by 3 ft pool in my yard this summer. I guess the key with that one is no kids under 6 without a life jacket!!! It is going over by my side yard, so it will be out of sight unless you walk around the house. Strangely, I do not feel afraid of having this with the daycare kids. They will either not be allowed near it, or they will have approved floatation devices on.

Euphoric !
    Does that mean the whole time the kids are playing in the sandbox, kicking a soccer ball, etc they are going to be required to wear a life jacket - will parents or you be providing these. Can you just fence the area off instead.

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Does that mean the whole time the kids are playing in the sandbox, kicking a soccer ball, etc they are going to be required to wear a life jacket - will parents or you be providing these. Can you just fence the area off instead.
    I could fence it off, but I don't see the need. Perhaps we will, but I can't imagine a scenario where I would leave toddlers alone in a yard with a pool. The door is also equipped with an alarm so that it rings when opened. Enlighten me, please.

I have three toddler life jackets. I will supply these.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-in-alberta View Post
    Avon gals... help me out here! For years I have been hearing of people using Skin So Soft to deter bugs. I was given a bottle recently of Avon Skin So Soft Moisturizing Body Spray. It's a pink bottle, smells great (like a perfume that I can't quite place the name of, LoL). Is this the stuff????

PS: I ALWAYS have at least a second pair of eyes when we are playing in the water. It's so scary how quickly that can happen.
    Thanks for the reminder!!
    Hey!
    Yes Skin-So-Soft Bath Oil Spray and it's the original one (blue/green) that works with the bugs! lol I even got the shower gel and use that on my daughter when we're at the cottage then I spray her clothing with the bath oil. My mom's used it on me when I was her age!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-in-alberta View Post
    Huh... never mind. I just spent a couple minutes browsing the website. I don't even see this product on there. I DO see the Bug Guard stuff. So I presume that's what y'all are talking about.
    Okay then.
    it also makes a difference if you're in the USA or Canadian site

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    Honestly I just bought a 3-ring pool....I wasn't going to put more than 2" of water in it. and I'd be watching it when they're in there. But I know what you mean...it's scary! Sprinklers are my real friends they get wet & water the grass - bonus!
    Filling a pool is dangerous but also with a few inches of water you can change the water everyday and disinfect often as well. Little ones love throwing everything and anything they can in pools, water tables etc.