Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Water Safety

Durham is really really picky and anal about pools and fencing.

Well good for them, I guess. I think it's strange that you should have to fence off your own pool in your own yard if that's not your preference, though.

We will be under the municipality of Clarington, and I know that you need your yard fenced and gated, and the fence has to be over a certain height etc. I am guessing though, that their bylaw enforcement team is not all that diligent - during our real estate search, I saw AT LEAST three pools in yards that didn't have any type of fencing up. I was seriously appalled. These are in new home areas w a lot of younger neighbourhood kids. Yipes. No fence. At all.

Euphoric !
    We have an above ground pool. It's about 5 feet tall, and I think the diameter is about 19 feet? It requires a ladder to enter and exit, and the ladder is removable. The small kids can't even come close to climbing it (the frame doesn't allow for climbing) and the big kids are trained that if they even look at it without my approval, they sit for the afternoon, LoL. When it's not in use, the ladder is placed about 6 feet away, and even my almost 11 year old can't get it into the pool without adult assistance. I understand that some parents may be turned off by it, but I take all the precautions that are necessary.
    If we are using the pool, I get the okay from parents in advance, and my hubby is usually the one who takes them in, one at a time. I also have a sister-in-law who is a lifeguard. That helps, because she'll come over and give me a hand sometimes.
    I do tend to stick with the little baby pools, emptied daily, and splash mats/sprinklers. Just easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    I saw this product on the Avon.com website but it also is SPF 30 (can get it in one that goes on blue)...can you get it in Canada too?
    Here is the link to it (it's also 50% off!)...
    http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.as...=B&pf_id=36449
    . So, I bought this...omg...we all look like shrek!!! The blue certainly does not dissappear...let's hope it dissappears from clothing. Made for some funny pics today.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

If you google "Natural bug repellents" a whole bunch of sites come up showing you how to make them. I did find one at canadian tire a few years back when i was pregnant made by "Off" but with eucalyptus oil i think - it actually worked really well and had no deet!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to country girl For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    . So, I bought this...omg...we all look like shrek!!! The blue certainly does not dissappear...let's hope it dissappears from clothing. Made for some funny pics today.
    Really?? Thats so weird! I got this one for my DD http://kitcheneron.flyerland.ca/prod...oduct-11886183 and the blue/purple does go away!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    Really?? Thats so weird! I got this one for my DD http://kitcheneron.flyerland.ca/prod...oduct-11886183 and the blue/purple does go away!
    Maybe I got a bum batch?
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~